Hear No Secrets Chapter 6

Hear No Secrets

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark 

Chapter 6

            After a very relaxing first day, I was back at exercising the second day. There was nothing else to do while I was suspended. After two failed attempts on vault, I gave up and switched to bars. Mom always said that I was going to regret depending on bars so much. They’ve always been my favorite and the event I’ve been the best at. I got ready and started the routine like I always do. Halfway through I heard the door open. It was a little early for mom to bring in lunch; she’s the only person home. Peter and the doctor both have the day off today.

“Mom!” I yelled from on the bars, “Lunch is early! My workout isn’t done until one.”

That’s weird. No one answered. Mom always answered me. I finished the routine and landed my best move for the very first time. I can’t believe it.

“I did it,” I smiled to myself. My routine is better than it was when I went to the Olympics. I turned around to face mom, but she wasn’t there. Someone else was.

“Grant.” I felt my heart stop and my entire body stiffened. I didn’t say anything. I was too afraid. Grant walked over to me so we were close enough to talk.

“What was that?” he asked.

“What?”

“You know what I mean, Chloe. That wasn’t the trick of someone just messing around.”

“Grant…”

“Is it your secret?” he asked, “It has something to do with it doesn’t it?”

“Please don’t make me say it,” I practically whispered. My eyes started to water, but I kept telling myself I couldn’t cry. Not now. Not in front of him. He doesn’t even know anything. He doesn’t know what happened.

“I think it’s time you tell me.”

“No.”

“Chloe-“

“No, Grant!” I yelled, “Why is it so important that you know?! Why do I have to tell you if you won’t tell me?!”

“Don’t turn this around Chloe. This isn’t normal.”

“Either is what you’re keeping inside, but I’m not forcing you to say anything!”

“Yes you do!” he yelled back, “You do all the time.”

“And so do you so stop!”

“You’re a gymnast aren’t you? It all makes sense.”

“Grant, please, just stop. Let’s just go back to being friends like we were before. That’s all I ask, please? Forget you saw me do any of that. Why are you here?”

“To see if you’re okay,” he finally answered, “That fight at school was weird. I didn’t even understand ten words, but I could see how hurt you were. Friends make sure friends are okay right?”

“Right. I’m okay.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “Thanks.”

“So…” he said, “Want to show me around this large house?”

We both laughed, “Let’s go.”

                        I walked him around the main parts of the house, but quickly got him distracted by the back yard. The only room I didn’t show him was the one next to mine: the gymnastic showcase room. It holds every picture, medal, and award I ever had during my entire gymnastics career. I couldn’t tell if he noticed or not, but he seemed to be pleased just to be hanging out with me. I offered to take him home, but we both ended up downtown instead.

“So why are we here?” I asked him.

“My house is boring,” he said, “Why do you think I came to visit you?”

“Miss me that much at school?”

He chuckled, “Let’s just say things aren’t quite as entertaining.”

“I knew you liked having me as a friend,” I smiled.

“Yeah… shut up…”

            We walked awhile longer and wandering through the shops before he dropped me off at home. When I went to school the next day I was the talk of all the students, including Lana and Mia.

“What the hell happened?!” Mia asked, “We didn’t mean to make you that upset!”

“It doesn’t matter.” I bumped passed them and went straight to my locker where Grant was waiting.

“Feeling better?” he asked.

“A lot better than a few days ago.”

“Chloe.”

I looked behind me and saw both Lana and Mia standing there. “What?”

“We know why you fought Penny the other day.”

“What does it matter? It’s done. Over. Move on.”

“Chloe…”

“Stop!” I yelled, “I know you’re trying to protect me, but don’t.”

“You can’t avoid this forever,” Lana said, “You have to face the truth.”

“You can’t stop talking to everyone who knows the truth about you,” Mia said.

“That’s not what I’m doing!”

“Then what about Grant?” I’m guessing Grant read her lips and understood what we were talking about because he moved so he was next to me and could read what we were all saying.

“I’ve told you before, Grant’s my friend. I’m sorry if my friendship with him has interfered with being with you guys.”

“He’s more than just a friend,” Lana said, “He’s the only one you even want to be around anymore. I mean, I understand that things have been tough but don’t start blocking all of us out of your life forever.”

“That’s not what I’m trying to do, I swear.”

“I know you don’t know how it works, but you like him,” Mia said, “You’ve never dealt with anything like this so it’s probably hard for you to control and balance, but at least accept it.”

“Accept what?” I asked, “What are you talking about?”

Lana and Mia looked from me to Grant and back to me again, “Neither one of you has admitted it yet,” Lana said.

Mia added, “Well as soon as you do, you know where to find us.”

THE END CHAPTER 6!!!

feedback?

Please vote comment and fan! This story hasn't been getting a lot of votes and I really love this one. :)