Hear No Secrets Chapter 27

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Note: This chapter is a lot shorter than I expected so sorry about that, but here's the next chapter!! are there people still reading this? I hope so because I really love this story :)

anyways, enjoy the chapter and remember to comment and vote if you like it :)

and btw, let me know how you expect the story to turn out or anything you may want to see happen.

if I like your comments and I use it in the story I will dedicate the chapter to you and give you credit for the idea :)

Enjoy chapter 27!!

Chapter 27

            This was it. The final event. Floor. After a practically miraculous bars routine, I am still filled with adrenaline. It’s like all the exhaustion was pushed aside. I stepped on the mat and stood with my pose waiting for the song to start. The song that’s been stuck in my head since Peter told me to change it.

            It was only when the routine began I heard it all being put together that I realized why Peter picked the song. I ran down the mat with a round off followed by my most difficult pass. Peter picked the song because I am stronger. Because after everything that I’ve been through, I’m still here fighting for a spot on the Olympic team. The song fit so perfectly with the routine. The sassy dance moves made me feel like a happy, normal teenager again. I could feel my bubbly, cheerful self showing through as I finished the routine. It was the first time in years that I’ve done that well in a floor routine. I raised my hands in the air as I finished and the stadium came alive with applause. I stood in amazement and tears coming to my eyes. Everybody was standing. I’ve never gotten a standing ovation like this before. I waiting until I was off the mat to run full speed towards Peter. He hugged me tight and I pulled away to look up in the audience and wave at mom who was crying with pride.

“Think I made it?” I asked Peter.

He chuckled, “Of course you made it. Whether you beat Whitney or not, I can’t tell you.”

            Two more people went and we all waited for the judges to tally the votes. They got the gym ready to announce the national team and set up the podium. They started with first place.

The announcer took the microphone and began the speech.

“This year was a very close competition, but I am very happy to announce that this year’s national champion is…”

I felt my heart stop and everyone watching hold their breath. I was holding hands with Nicole and Peter.

“Chloe Lang! Winner by 0.3 points.”

“Yes!” I screamed.

            Nicole and my other gymnast friends bombarded me with hugs. I did it. I really did it. My eyes were watering and when I was finally on the podium I was full out crying. One person put the medal around my neck and the second gave me a bouquet of flowers.

“Second places is Whitney Vanderhale!”

Whitney joined me on stage and she didn’t even glance over at me, but I didn’t worry about her. She wasn’t going to ruin my day. The announcer continued through the list of the rest of the team.

“Third is Nicole Sherzing.’

“Yes,” I smiled to myself. Nicole made it too. She hugged me tight before taking her place on the podium.