Hear No Secrets Chapter 10

Hear No Secrets 

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Note: Please continuing voting and commenting!! I really loved writing this story so I hope you all do too. As I've said before, as long as the story keep getting votes then I will continue posting it, but the if people don't vote, then I won't update.

Chapter 10

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked.

“You know why,” I said, “Why didn’t you wait until I came back like I wanted you to?”

“Because you were taking the easy way out. You thought that if I watched it on TV, you wouldn’t have to tell me in person.”

“That’s not-“

“That is why Chloe! I’m your best friend; I deserve a better explanation than that!”

“Okay,” I said, “Then how much do you know? How much did Darren tell you?”

“Not much. I told him your name and he started freaking out and begging me to introduce him to you. On the way here he told me that you’re a famous gymnast that got silver at the last Olympics. He said you quit after that because of some kind of accident but he said nobody really knows what happened.”

I could feel the tears starting to form, but I tried to push them away. I’ve tried so hard to avoid this. I grabbed Grant’s hand and pulled him out the door. He tried to get me to stop, but he knew it was no use. I pulled him into my room and closed the door behind us. I sat down on the bed and waited for him to sit next to me. He put his hand on my shoulder.

“Chloe?”

When I looked up I could see the concern in his eyes. “Okay,” I said, “Are you ready to hear the story? The ENTIRE story?”

He nodded his head. “Are you sure?” I asked, “Because not even Lana and Mia know the whole story. They only know certain things.”

“Chloe, I’m ready. You can tell me.”

“Okay, I’ve been a gymnast for as long as I can remember. It was the one thing that my family had in common. They came with me to every event. My biggest dream was to win gold at the Olympics, and I couldn’t believe it when I actually made it to the Olympics. I felt like my dreams were closer than they’ve ever been before. I began kind of shaky because I was so nervous, but once I had gotten used to it I started sticking all my routines. I had an adrenaline rush as the crowd was clapping for me. When my last event came, my nerves set in again. Sure it was my best event, bars, but it was my last chance for gold. Everyone predicted I was going to win this event. I messed up once at the beginning of the routine, but the rest of the routine was as perfect as it could be... until the landing. I flew off the bars, but I was only able to do two twists instead of three. My landing was a little off, but I didn’t think anything of it. I put my hands up in the air and smiled knowing it was over. All I heard was gasps from the crowd instead of clapping. I lost all feeling in my legs and fell unconscious. I didn’t even get to stand on the podium to accept my medal because I was in the hospital.

It was the most humiliating moment of my life. I trained my entire life for that one moment and in a second it was ruined. Everything I ever dreamed of was gone. My parents started fighting and separated; we bought this separate house and hired personal therapists, coaches, and doctors to help me get back to where I was before. The doctor told me for over a year that my gymnastics career was over. She said I was never going to be able to compete again. She was surprised I was even able to do a back handspring.