Hear No Secrets Chapter 45

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Note: Surprise update just because I can!! Enjoy! :)

btw, only like five chapters or so left ;)

vote and comment please! :)

Chapter 45

“Welcome home!” Mia cheered.

            Grant wheeled me into the party with Peter on one side. Peter gave me my crutches and helped me stand up. I looked around and saw the familiar faces of all my loved ones. Mia really outdid herself with all this party planning. There were tables of food on one side and a table of gifts on another. Mia had tables set up to eat instead of dancing this time. I’m sure she knew how upset I would feel if it became a dancing party considering I can barely stand. Instead she led me to a large table where I could sit with everyone and talk. Peter brought me my food and I sat next to mom and Grant.

“I’m so glad you’re okay,” Mia said. “I was so worried when I saw what happened on TV.”

“Me too,” Lana agreed. “We were both crying.”

I smiled, “I’m glad I’m okay too.”

“Besides, you have us now,” Mia said. “And we can go out and do all kinds of fun things.”

I smiled, “Funny thing about that. Grant and I have already started a bucket list.”

“That’s a great idea!” Mia said.

“We can start another one,” Lana said.

“You don’t have to,” I said.

“We don’t want you to feel alone,” Mia said.

“I’m not,” I smiled. “You don’t need to make extraordinary plans in order to keep me from getting upset.”

“We felt like we needed to do something,” Lana explained.

I shook my head, “You don’t. You’re my best friends. Just be yourselves. Keep our friendship like it’s always been. I’ll be fine.”

“I always knew you were special,” Mia said. “Gymnastics was too ordinary for you.”

“Too ordinary?” I questioned. Mia’s known for saying unique things, but this one I didn’t understand at first.

She nodded, “You’re not meant to be JUST a gymnast or JUST a celebrity or JUST a person. You’re meant to be someone special and unique. You’re going to be so many things and you’re going to do so many things. Just being a gymnast would have held you back from your destiny.”

I smiled, “That’s an interesting way of looking at it.”

“For once in my life I agree with you,” Grant said.

Mia gasped, obviously meant to be sarcastic, “You agree with ME?!”

Grant rolled his eyes, “I shouldn’t have said anything.”

“Oh come on!” she said. “You agree with me! Let’s celebrate!”

“Let’s not,” he replied.

“You’re no fun.”

“Either are you.”

“Well then we agree on another thing.”