Hear No Secrets Chapter 48

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Only three more chapters left of this story!!

and I'll be starting another story as soon as this one ends!!!!

Hint: It involves Taylor Lautner again ;)

Chapter 48

            We spent an hour talking with Matt before we had to leave because Grant had to meet Darren at home. Their grandparents have decided that since Grant is graduated that they were going to throw a big party for him before going back home. We walked out of Matt’s house and walked back to Grant’s motorcycle.

“You do realize that it’s probably dangerous for me to be riding this considering my whole cast thing on my leg?”

Grant chuckled, “Darren was working so I couldn’t just borrow his vehicle. I used to borrow my parents vehicle, but obviously I can’t do that anymore.”

“Right.”

“Would you get on already?” he laughed.

“Fine.”

            He dropped me off at my house and I walked in to find my mom sitting at the table with someone I didn’t know.

“Hey mom,” I waved at her. “What’s going on?”

“There’s someone here for you.”

I sat down at the table across from the strangers.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

“I’m Caleb Nottingham and I’m founder and CEO of Nottingham Books.”

“Really? What are you doing here?”

“One of my colleagues came up with an idea and I think you might be interested.”

“What is it?”

“How would you like to publish a book?”

“A book? I’ve never thought about it. Why?”

“We want to publish your story. We’ve seen the responses your name gets online and you’re inspiring millions of girls. We’ve watched your interviews on television and we think your story could be very successful.”

“Well I’ve started writing in a journal and I thought about it once, but I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea.”

“We think it could be a good hit. If you agree to let us help you publish our book you will have a say in everything that goes into it.”

“If you’re going to do all that for me then what are you getting out of it?”

“The same percentage we get out of all our other authors. We just think it might be good to get your story out there while you’re still high on the celebrity charts.”

I looked over at mom, “What should I do?”

“This is your decision Chloe. What do you think you should do?”

I smiled, “I’ll do it.”

“Great!” Caleb said. “What do you say we meet tomorrow and talk through all the details and maybe even sign a contract?”

“Sure,” I smiled. “Tomorrow sounds great.”

“Good. See you then.”

Mom showed Caleb and his colleagues out the door and I joined her in the living room.