Hear No Secrets Chapter 21

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Note: I really planned on updating my stories sooner and I was going to write yetserday, but we lost power for most of the day so I didn't have access to my computer or anything. Christmas is only a few days away so there may  not be many updates until after the holidays.

anyways, enjoy chapter 21!!! 

Chapter 21

            I twirled my hands in the air and leaped off the ground, my foot gently touching the back of my head as it tilted back. I skipped towards the corner of the mat and spun around. I started sprinting down the mat and did a round off and finished my pass which included a double Arabian. I stuck the landing and finished with my hands in the air. I spun back towards the middle of the mat and did my ending dance moves.

I walked off the mat and Grant was watching from the seats next to the mat. He handed me my water as I approached.

“That was incredible,” he said.

“Yeah, I still feel a little shaky on the Arabian though.”

“You don’t leave for the competition until the middle of next week. You still have time to work on it.”

“And I want it to be perfect for the competition. It has to be. This next competition is what’s going to put me in the world championship. I have to make the national team.”

“You got first easily at the last competition,” he put his hands on my waist and stood up, “You’ll make it.”

“I wish you could come.”

“Me too, but my surgery’s Tuesday.”

“I’ll visit you before I leave,” I replied wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Good, I want to wish you luck before you leave.”

I smiled, “And I’ll text you when I can.”

“I’ll be healed by the time you get home.”

“It’ll be weird at first, you being able to hear again.”

“They said it won’t work perfectly, but they’re hoping it will repair almost all my hearing. It’ll be weird for me too. We’ll get used to it together.”

“Yeah,” I smiled.

“Now that we’re in this position, I should probably kiss you now.”

I laughed, “I wouldn’t be against that.”

“I didn’t think so,” he smiled.

            He leaned down and gently kissed me. This one wasn’t as long as the one from earlier, but it still made me go crazy. Since my practice was over, when we pulled away, we walked back out to the living room to finally put in the movie we’ve wanted to watch. My parents came back later that night while we were still in the living room.

“Hey Chlo,” Dad greeted me, “How’s the practice going?”

“Good like always,” I smiled.

“What happened to your weekend plans?” Mom asked.

“It didn’t really work out. We came back here instead.”

“Are you okay?”

“I’m fine mom, really.”

“Okay. Did you already eat?”