Hear No Secrets Epilogue

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Epilogue

A world full of secrets

And people filled with hatred.

Judgment walking the streets with kindness

And greatness struck with sorrow.

Not everyone can be successful,

Some dreams come crashing down.

People together are thrown apart,

And the most unlikely brought together.

Can you hear the secrets?

Cause my ears are filled up.

A judgmental world filled with kind people

who defy the world of discrimination.

People are people

No matter what the difference.

The most unlikely are brought together

To form their own life.

Two people with two secrets,

But I hear no secrets.

            My book was published under the name Fallen Bars: Chloe Lang’s Inspirational Journey and it was published three months after I read the first chapter to my family. Grant continued biking on the weekends between his construction job and spending time with me. I showed up to the Olympics to surprise the girls and I watched Whitney and Nicole win individual gold medals while the United States as a team won the all-around gold medal. I’ve never been more proud of them in my entire life. I made my promise to Grant come true and we went off on our own after the Olympics ended. We spent the next year traveling all over the world and achieving everything we wrote on our bucket list.

            When we came back to town we noticed everything changed. Our town wasn’t all about gymnastics anymore. Everything had calmed down, but Peter continued coaching and mom helped. Grant and I decided to stay in town, but Grant didn’t want to bother Darren in his new apartment and I didn’t want to be around all the gymnastics at my mom’s house. Our compromise was a large house less than a mile outside of town. The house turned out to be larger than my mom’s house and had enough space in the backyard where Grant could race whenever he wanted. I converted one of the living rooms in the house to a gym where I could work out, and left out a lot of equipment I was used to from gymnastics. Grant opened his own construction/planting business so he wouldn’t have to work under anyone else and so he could take whatever days off he needed.

            Nottingham Books came back to me several times wanting me to publish another book, but my writing career is done. I had nothing else to write about. The book made millions of dollars and was turned into a movie which also made millions of dollars. With two careers finished, I like the idea of having a clean slate. I can have whatever career I want to have and there are a million possibilities, but I couldn’t think of one that really suited me. In the meantime, I went to help Peter with coaching.

            Five years after our return to our hometown, Grant and I still hadn’t gotten married. Neither one of us brought it up nor did it bother us that we weren’t married. I’ve never felt like I needed to be married because I already know that I’m going to spend my life with Grant. I don’t need a ring or a piece of paper to prove what I already know. Although Mia, Lana, and Whitney bother me constantly about marriage I don’t want my life to be what everyone expects. Nicole was right when we were first reunited: I’m not meant to fall in love with a normal person just like I’m not meant to have a normal life. Normal and average are completely overrated. Turns out the only thing I really needed to completely fill my life was something I found during my dark times: loved ones. I coached part time and spent the rest of my time with my friends, family, or Grant. I reached the point in my life where most of the excitement in my life was gone and I was completely content with my life. I had everything figured out until one day when I confused the whole situation.

            I came home late which already made Grant realize that something was wrong. I found him in the kitchen with his phone in his hand.

“Chlo you’re 40 minutes late getting home. What’s wrong?”

“Uh… I stopped at a store on the way home then dropped by Mia’s house for about a half hour before coming home.”

“Why didn’t you tell me? What’s wrong?”

“I just.. had to do something. I’m fine.”

“Chlo you don’t look fine; you look panicked.”

“That’s because I’m a little scared right now,” I admitted.

“Scared of what?”

“Can you just hold me? Please? Before I say anything else?” I begged him.

            Without another word he wrapped his arms around my waist and I hugged him tightly around the neck. This wasn’t part of our plan. This wasn’t supposed to happen like this. We haven’t even talked about it. We’re not prepared. I buried my face into his neck for a few seconds before he pulled away.

“Chloe tell me what happened? What are you scared about?”

I took a deep breath, “I’m pregnant.”

And then the next chapter of our lives officially began. It was onto the next dream…

THE END

Author's Note: I know this story hasn't gotten a lot of feedback, but i absolutely loved writing this story and I hope there are people out there who liked this story.

so if you've read this story and you liked it then please vote and comment and let me know what you thought! Comments mean the world to me and I would love to know how many people have been reading this story :)

anyway, i hope you enjoyed the short epilogue of the story. I wanted to add it in because I didn't feel like the story was over.