Hear No Secrets Chapter 23

Hear No Secrets

Taylor Lautner as Grant Clark

Kristin Kreuk as Chloe Lang

Note: I still have two weeks of break so I'm still trying to write as much as I can. My goal is to only update once or twice a week.

Chapter 23

Mom and Peter pulled into the hospital parking lot, “Ready to go?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be.”

“Let’s go then,” Peter said, “Your competition is waiting.”

“Yeah yeah yeah,” I laughed, “They’ll still be there no matter how late we are.”

            I got in the car and we were on our way to the nationals. I spent most of the time doing homework and listening to music while Peter was driving. I kept getting random texts from Darren trying to get me worried. He was probably just bored because he had to sit in the hospital that whole time. I turned my phone on silent and listened to the music and fell asleep.

“Chloe,” Mom woke me up, “We’ll be there in half an hour.”

I sat up a little, “Okay.”

“Have a nice nap?”

“Yeah, I woke up earlier than I wanted to this morning.”

“Was everything okay?”

“Yeah,” I nodded, “Grant was just nervous about the surgery.”

I didn’t want to lie to my mom, but the last thing I wanted was for all of us to be fighting during this competition. I can tell her about what I decided when we are on our way home.

“I’m sure everything will go fine,” Mom said, “We can even drop you off at his house on the way home.”

“Thanks mom,” I smiled.

            When Peter pulled into the hotel, he went to check in while mom and I unloaded our bags. This is the hotel that all of the gymnasts are staying in during the competition. The stadium we’re competing in is next door. We met Peter in the lobby and we all went up to our room. Mom and I were sharing a room and Peter got his own. I didn’t bother unpacking any of my things I just threw my bag on one of the beds and laid down.

“You have practice at the stadium in an hour,” Mom said, “They want to have a meeting with all the gymnasts. Peter has a meeting there too.”

“What are you going to do while we’re gone?” I asked.

“I’ll be fine I’m just going to read. I like the relaxation.”

I smiled, “Are you sure?”

“Yes I’m sure. Don’t worry about me. Just concentrate on winning.”

“I’m so nervous,” I told her, “I have to make this team.”

“Sweetheart they’ve underestimated before, they’ll probably do it again. The degree of difficulty on your routines has gone up since your last competition. There’s only one person who’s higher than you.”

“Yeah,” I grumbled, “My enemy.”

“Chloe, ignore her. You’ve always done that in the past.”

“Yeah not very easily,” I reminded her.

“You’re a different person now. Make sure she knows that. You’re a better gymnast now. You’re a different type of gymnast.”