19ineteen

"So, Kaidyn." I say to the little 2 year old before me, "what would you like to do today? I thought we could go shopping, ice skating, and the trampoline place?"

She nods her head eagerly.

I grab her hand and walk into a few stores, buying her clothes. I need to make up for lost time. I used to visit her regularlyish, but it eventually got too hard as she morphed into a beautiful little girl who brought back so many memories.

I loved looking at pictures of when she was a really little baby. (Pictured above)
I'm glad I had those memories with her. I could never fully wipe her out of my life, no matter how many memories she brought back.

"Mummy, I like this one." She says, referring to a cute little outfit on the wall.

Lost for words, I nod, on the verge of tears.

I'm used to her calling me mum, as I am her mother but I just feel so horrible for leaving her for so long. I can't believe id ever stop seeing my babygirl.

I decide to call Cam. I want him to see her again.

He knows about my situation and has been supportive since day dot.

He agrees to come, and says he's only down the road so he'll be here in 10 minutes.

I kneel down to Kaids level.

"Do you want to see your stepdaddy again?" I ask. She probably won't remember him very well, but after today she's going to see a lot more of him.

I jump when I feel two arms snake around my waist. Realising it was cam, I turn around and peck his lips, embracing him in a firm hug.

I then pick up Kaidyn and pass her to him. She gives him a hug and tells him she loves him and missed him. I didn't think she'd remember him.

She never fails to amaze me, and I'm forever grateful for having such a wonderful little girl.

Surpriseeeeee. What do you think?