Chapter 43

Chapter 43

“I-I don’t know what to say.” Harry whispered after all the time I had waited. I was silently grateful that Zayn had left, because if he didn’t, this would have been extremely awkward.

“You don’t have to say anything. I understand if you don’t want me anymore.” I replied and avoided his eye contact, a tear rolling down my cheek. Harry cupped my face gently and wiped it away with his thumb, the pad of this thumb catching it. When I met his green eyes, he said something that made me break down.

“I understand why you were upset, and I’m not mad that you and Zayn kissed. We both did something stupid, and I am so in love with you I can’t let you go. You are my entire world, Amabel, and without you, I don’t see a reason for existing. I am lost without you, and this whole time being with you, seeing you smile, have been the best months of my life.”

I pulled him to me, my face buried in his shoulder. Sobbing, he traced small circles in my back with his finger, something I always liked. It soothed me when I needed it. “I-I love you too. P-Please don’t let me go, Harry. I’m so tired of feeling alone. 

“Shhh, it’s okay. I’ll never let you go.” He rocked me back and forth.  I pulled away and stared into his eyes.

When he looked me in the eyes, it felt like I was home. It felt like there was no safer place in the world than here in his arms. He makes me feel invincible, and I feel like a fool for thinking that breaking things off would be better for me. It just made me worse, made me break again. I knew he knew how much he meant to me by the way he looked at me—it told me he felt the same way. Having the person that you love more than anything love you back is the best feeling in the world. There is no better feeling than someone care for you as much as you care for them.

Harry smiled widely —his cheeky grin still managed to knock me off my feet— and I returned the gesture. I pressed our lips together immediately. There wasn’t hunger as much as passion. There was definitely a spark since we missed each other, but there was something sweet about it that made me enjoy it just as much.

I was the happiest person in that moment—in his arms.

*****

“It’s great to see you again, Mr. and Mrs. Walker.” Harry greeted my parents.

After he and I made up two days ago, Harry thought it was time to speak to my parents. I was a little nervous, considering the last time I talked to them about Harry, they said we needed time apart. And we did, and it was the worst time for the both of us.

“You too, Harry. Please come in.” My mother smiled. She seemed to like Harry much more. I don’t know what changed her mind, but I think she saw clearly that Harry would never leave me again. Nothing would come between us, nothing could separate us. After everything that we went through, we both agree that it only made us stronger.

“Harry.” My father shook my boyfriend’s hand, and led him to the dinner table.

“Mr. Walker.” He replied.

My dad chuckled as Harry helped me into my chair. “Call me Scott.”

Harry grinned. “Everything looks amazing Pam.”

He was right. My mom had made a wonderful chicken dinner. It was just going to be the three of us, but my dad said I should invite Harry. “Yeah, mom. Great job.”

“You two are too sweet. Thank you,” she said, taking a seat.

“So, Harry,” my dad said. “What are your plans? Headed somewhere soon?”