Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Five days later, and I was still at Andy’s place. He didn’t seem to mind though. We spent our days staying in and watching films or going out, just walking and talking. It was so nice and….refreshing to be with someone so close to me, who knew me like no one else.   

I was surprised that Harry hadn’t found me yet. My heart ached at the thought of him, and Andy noticed my change in mood as we walked down the street with coffees in our hands, walking back to his house.

“What’s wrong?” He asked.

I sniffed, and looked at my cup. “I was just thinking.”

He nodded. “You miss him.” It wasn’t a question.

I nodded, too, and looked ahead at nothing in particular. “Yeah, I do.”

“Then what’s stopping you?”

I sighed and took a sip. “I honestly have no idea.” I smiled at him. “I guess I’m having too much fun here.”

Andy cracked a smile too as we walked down his street, and he pulled out the keys. But a few paces from his driveway he stopped and stared. Someone was sitting on the front steps, huddled in a tight ball.

Harry.

“Oh my god…” I gasped. Andy turned to me, eyebrows raised. I couldn’t respond though, I was too focused on the curly-haired guy that was standing only meters away.

We walked to Andy’s door, my eye contact never breaking with Harry. My eyes watered at the sight of him standing there, with his jeans, converse and hair tucked in a black beanie. I couldn’t believe he was in front of me. After three whole days, he finally found me. I was so happy to see him, joy filling me from head to toe. Andy and I reached him, stopping a few feet from Harry.

But I didn’t stop there. I ran to him and threw my arms around his neck, burying my face in his shoulder. I felt his strong arms hold me tightly while his nose nuzzled in my hair. While he was holding me, I had never felt safer in my life. It felt so right to be in his arms. I breathed in his familiar scent, then pulled away to look into his green eyes. They sparkled as he smiled widely.

Andy cleared his throat behind us. “Can we go inside? I’m freezing over here.”

“Sure,” I giggled.

The warmth of the house greeted us once the door was shut. The three of us awkwardly took off our jackets. It was very strange to have Andy and Harry in the same room. I don’t know why, but I could see Harry staring at Andy angrily, fists clenching and unclenching. When my eyes flicked over to the short-haired guy, I saw he was avoiding eye contact. I groaned.

“Harry, this Andy,” I said sweetly, trying to break the tension, “and Andy, this is Harry.” They shook hands.

“It’s nice to finally meet you.” Andy said nervously.

“Likewise,” Harry forced a smile, and then he turned to me. “Can we talk?”

I nodded then turned to Andy. “We’ll be upstairs.” He nodded and I gave him a weak smile.

When Harry and I entered the master bedroom, he slammed the door behind us. I jumped and slowly turned to see him breathing heavily. He was not happy with me. He strode over, until he was only a foot from me.

“Why did you leave? You scared the fuck out of me.” He hissed and I shrunk back a little.

“I-I was scared.” I replied quietly.

His features softened as he grabbed my hands in his large ones. “And I could have helped you. But when I woke you were gone, and I-I don’t know why…”