Chapter 41

Chapter 41

When I woke the next morning, I was enveloped in Harry’s arms. Memories of yesterday came flooding back. Tears of relief stung my eyes just thinking about it. I wasn’t pregnant, and I knew I was lucky. If I had been, my life would have spiraled out of control.

I untangled myself from Harry and made my way to the bathroom when I noticed his phone was vibrating. Someone named Brittany was trying to call him. Shrugging, I ignored it and took a quick shower. When I came out of the bathroom —wearing one of Harry’s t-shirts— his phone started ringing again. It was Brittany. Who was that? Was it someone from management? I was brushing my hair when Brittany started calling again.

It must have been important, so I answered it. I would take a message. It was probably about the tour or something. “Harry Styles’s phone.” I said.

“Um, is Harry there?” A female voice snapped.

“He’s sleeping. Can I take a message for him?” I paced back and forth in his room, my hair over one shoulder.

“Yes. Tell him I said thanks for the other night, and we should certainly do it again in the future.” Brittany purred.

“I’m sorry, I think you have the wrong number.” I politely said.

“No, I don’t think I do,” She hissed, “Just who the hell are you, anyways?”

“I’m Harry’s girlfriend, Amabel.” I furrowed my brow.

“Oh, yeah, he mentioned you before we…” she chuckled, “never mind. Just stay away from him okay? He’s playing you.”

My jaw dropped, but she already hung up. What was that about? Was…Was Harry cheating on me? After more than a year? No, no he wouldn’t do that. But then what did she mean by thanks for the other night? I wiped away the tears that had fallen down my face. Harry was still sleeping, not moving an inch. Anger pulsed through every vein in my body. Who was this bitch, and why did she tell me to back off?

We were in love, right? Harry was the one for me; the only person in this entire world who I thought would never hurt me. There was no other explanation. He was obviously hooking up with Brittany. Why else would she be calling him three times in one morning?

I wasn’t going to run. Last time I ran away, I ended up on Andy’s couch, and Harry and I fought. It was bad and I wasn’t going to go through that again. I was going to wait for him to wake up and ask what the hell was going on. If he lied, then…I don’t know what would happen.

So that’s what I did. I sat in the chair by the window and waited for 40 minutes before Harry woke. When he did, I didn’t say anything; just stared out the window with no expression on my face. Speaking first was something that he was going to do; not me.

“Hey babe.” Harry smiled. I didn’t react. He walked over and kissed my shoulder. “Good morning.” His voice was still husky from waking up. “Babe? Are you okay? Is it about yesterday? If you’re still freaked out, we can talk…”

“Who is she?” I interrupted, snapping my head in his direction, looking at him for the first time.

His eyebrows touched. “Who is who?”

I jumped up, getting angrier by the second. “Don’t lie, okay? Don’t lie to me, Harry!” I raised my voice.

“I’m not lying! Who are you talking about?” he snapped.

“Brittany!” I shouted. I took his phone from the dresser. “She kept calling and I answered and she told me to stay away from you and that she had a wonderful time the other night!”