Chapter 40

Chapter 40

The next morning, the sunlight was breaking through the curtains. I blinked a few times to clear my vision, and when I turned my head, I was nose to nose with Harry. I smiled at the memory of what happened last night. It was the best time of my life, and I was so happy that I did it with Harry. If it was going to be anyone, it had to be him.  

Carefully, I pried Harry’s arm that was wound tightly around my waist. I tried not to wake him up because he looked so peaceful and cute. Apparently, I didn’t do a good job because right before I stood up, Harry grabbed my waist and pulled me back to him.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he purred my ear.

I giggled and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. “I didn’t want to wake you.”

“It’s okay. This is much better.” He smiled, pressing his lips to mine. That was something I could never get sick of.

“Thank you for last night.” I whispered, bringing his face closer to mine so our foreheads touched.

“Why are you thanking me?” he asked.

“Because I love you, and I’m glad it was you. That was the best night of my life.” I said, looking deep into his eyes so he knew how much I meant those words.

 “I hope it was as good for you as it was for me.” Harry smiled. “It gets better every time, so we need practice. It makes perfect, you know.”

I laughed and hit him in the face with a pillow. His musical laughter filled the room and I just got up to take a shower.

*5 DAYS LATER*

“Where are you headed?” Someone stopped me from walking out the front door.

“Shopping. Why?” I asked Louis, who spoke to me.

He seemed hurt. “Without me?”

I laughed. “You want to come?” I crossed my arms.

He scoffed. “You need me. Believe me.”

I held my hands up in surrender. “Just get in the car, Tomlinson.” I playfully punched his arm lightly. He laughed and followed me out into the car, where we drove to the mall.

*****

“What do you think of this one?” I asked Louis, stepping out of the dressing room.

“Girl what are you doing wearing that top with those shoes?” Louis made a face. “You can’t wear striped shoes and a plaid shirt.”

I laughed. Sometimes Louis was the gay friend I never had, even though he isn’t gay. He was my shopping buddy when all my other friends had plans. Harry said he had some errands to run and I needed a wardrobe update and Louis volunteered to tag along.“Well, I wouldn’t wear these shoes with this top silly.” I smiled, and went back into the dressing room to change into a peach dress I liked. It went to about mid-thigh and was loose from the waist down. I pulled it over my head and it fit perfectly. I stepped out of the dressing room to see Louis looking through a rack of clothes, lips pursed.

Louis looked up and smiled. “That’s amazing. Harry would love it.”   

I blushed. “Thanks, Lou. You think I should get it?”

He scoffed. “Yes, but peasants don’t wear such pretty dresses.”

“But you just said I should get it!” I cried.  

“No I didn’t.” he said. “I will buy it for you, since I am not a peasant.” He pushed me into the dressing room so I could change out of it.