Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Holding hands, we walked inside the front door. Feeling Harry's hand in mine made everything alright. He made me feel safe, and that was something I haven't felt in a while.

"We're here!" Harry never let go of my hand. There was no answer, but I could hear feet running upstairs.

"I'm so glad you guys came!" A woman's voice echoed through the house.

As soon as she was in sight I knew she was Harry's mother. She had the same hair color and dimples and the boy next to me. She immediately pulled me into a hug.

"It's so great to finally meet you Amabel. Harry's been talking about you non-stop to me and the other boys!" She poked his cheek and I smiled.

"Mum!" Harry angrily muttered as his cheeks turned pink. When he blushed, it made him look so much younger than he was, and I had a pretty good picture of Harry when he was maybe ten or eleven in my mind.

"What?" She smirked. "You're a lot prettier than Harry said you were."

It was my turn to flush. "Thank you, Mrs. Styles."

She waved me off. "Dear, call me Anne, I insist!"

"Alright," I smiled wider. "Thank you for letting us come over, Anne."

"It was my pleasure." Anne led us into the kitchen, were Harry and I took a seat across from her at the kitchen table.

"Your home is very lovely." I complimented, looking around. It had a very "homey" feel to it. I could tell they had lived here a long time. In what I assumed to be the family room, there was biege furniture and brown accents in the pillows, lamps and the occational painting or picture frame here and there. The smell welcomed you as well, a mixture between vanilla and laundry detergent.

"Thank you, dear." Anne began bustling around the kitchen, filling the teapot with water and setting over the flame on the stove. "Tell me about yourself." She spoke over her shoulder.

"What do you want to know?" I giggled. Harry grabbed my hand under the table, and when I looked at him, he winked at me. I kissed his cheek.

"Anything, sweetie. How about your age, for starters?" She grabbed mugs from a cupboard next to the sink.

"I'm 18, and going to go to college starting this fall. I'm living with my parents now, but I plan on living with a friend while I take my classes."

Anne turned to smile at me. "Where're you going to school?"

"Kingston University," I replied.

"That's great!" Harry's mom said excitedly. Harry squeezed my hand. He already knew; I had told him on our first date where I would be attending.

"Thank you," I responded quietly, feeling my cheeks burn. Anne sat down at the table with three mugs of steaming water with tea bags in them. I muttered abother 'thank you', taking a sip. It was Earl Grey, my favorite.

We talked for about an hour or so longer, and then Harry insisted we leave. I really liked Harry's mum, she was sweet. She was one of those mothers that was overly protective, yet she trusted you at the same time.

******

After we left Harry's house, he began driving somewhere, and it wasn't in the direction of my house. "Where are we going?" I giggled as Harry was driving down the road.

"To Liam's house," Harry grinned at me.

I smiled back. It was always great to see the boys. When Harry pulled in the driveway, I quickly ran out of the car and up to the front door. I knocked, and Niall answered.

"Hey, Niall!" I squealed, and threw my arms around the blonde Irish boy.

"Hey, Amabel," He chuckled. I had grown close with the boys extremely quickly. They were like the four big brothers I never had.

"Is that Am and Haz?" I heard Louis's voice from inside.

"Yeah, Lou it's us," Harry called inside.

"Hazza! You had better get your arse in here right now! I need my cupcake!"

Harry chuckled and kissed my temple before side-stepping Niall and walking inside to greet his friend.

"Come on in, love," Niall grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. "Zayn and Liam are in the kitchen. Louis and Harry are probably in the front room watching some football. Manchester's kicking arse."

"What the fuck? Get the ball you idiot!" I heard Louis scream. Wow.

"Thanks, Nialler." I let go of his hand and skipped to the kitchen, in search of the two boys I had yet to hear from.

"Look who it is!" Zayn cheered when I entered.

"Hi Zayn!" I hugged him as well, his arms wrapped around my waist.

Across the kitchen, I found Liam staring intently at me. I waved. A smile crossed his lips, but it didn't reach his eyes, I could tell. He didn't look away from me, and I was starting to get uncomfortable. I ran over to him and gave him a hug, attempting to make him happy. He hesitated before lightly hugging me back.

"I need to say hello to Louis!" I suddenly remembered, and ran away to the front room where the brown-haired boys were.

"Saving the best for last, I presume?" The Doncaster boy chirped.

"That's right, Lou," I joked and sat in his lap. Harry looked at me with fake jealousy written over his face. I looked at him with a smirk.

"So what are you guys watching?" I asked, and removed myself from Louis's lap, who looked disappointed. I laughed.

"Nothing really. Just soccer," Louis replied. A few minutes later, Zayn and Niall came in and joined us. Niall was holding a bag of potato chips, and Zayn was texting.

"So!" Harry shouted, catching my attention. "The girls will be here in thirty minutes, if that's alright. Eleanor just texted me." He looked at Liam and Louis, who nodded and smiled widely.

They had no idea how great it would be to spend some time with my fellow femals. Someone who understood the growing pains in your boobs or period cramps.

I didn't have a clue who Eleanor was, but I liked her already.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

What do you think is wrong with Liam? :O Comment!

I hoped you liked this chapter! We're almost to 300 reads. And keep voting! I really appreciate it! :) Thanks, ily,

xoxo, Alli