Chapter 9

Chapter 9

I left the house in search of caffeine and a quiet place to read. Little reading was going to be going on most likely. I didn't sleep at all last night, thanks to Harry running through my head.

What was wrong with me?

But I had to face the fact that I liked Harry. I was frustrated at myself for admitting it.

I entered the Starbucks, the bell on the door chiming. I felt eyes on me as I walked to the line in front of the cashier, but pushed the feeling away. The wait in line was at least 5 minutes, but I didn't mind. My attention was to the beautifully decorated cookies and pastries. My mouth watered.

"I'll take a mocha frappe, with extra whipped cream." I told the girl when it was my turn in line. She nodded and skillfully prepared my order and handed it to me, turning her attention to the next customer.

"Wait, how much?" I said.

She looked over at me and smiled. "That handsome boy over there paid for you, and told me to send you over."

My eyes went wide. Who would do that? The girl pointed behind me to a table next to the window. I turned and my heart skipped a beat.

I saw Harry with a smirk on his face, his brown curls falling in the perfect places. I stared wide-eyed when he indicated for me to join him with his first finger.

"Of course it was you." I rolled my eyes as I sat down.

"Good to see you too." He smiled. He then looked down, and ran a hand through his hair.

I couldn't help it. I stared. The way he flipped his hair got me overwhelmed. Harry stared right back at me with those mesmerizing eyes. We didn't speak, just looked at each other, attempting to figure each other out.

I couldn't let Harry know I liked him. It was nothing big, just a crush. I felt the need to push him away, so my feelings wouldn't evolve into something more. I didn't want to get hurt.

After a moment of silence, Harry sparked the conversation. We talked for a long time and got to know each other more deeply. At first I was hesitant to share personal information with him, but something told me I could trust him.

Harry was a stranger to me. Yet I opened up to him.

I found people staring at us, and I didn't know why. We ignored them, and I found it extremely easy to talk to Harry.

I didn't get it. When I first met him two days ago, I wanted to be as far away from him as possible. Now, I felt that Harry made me whole.

Not that I was empty before.

"How could you have never ridden a Ferris wheel?" I gape, shaking my head.

Harry held his hands up in defense. "I just don't like heights okay?" His smile sent a rush of butterflies through my stomach. I giggled.

My heart skipped a beat when Harry spoke next.

"I want to take you out." He said simply, leaning back against his chair.

If I was drinking, I would have sprayed it all over the table.

All I could do was blink. I couldn't talk, I couldn't breathe. He slowly smiled and broke the trance I was in and made me smile as well.

"See, I feel very comfortable around you." He explained, leaning forward and folding his large hands on the table. I leaned back in my chair and fidgeted with my fingernails in my lap.

"Honestly? You make me extremely nervous." I blushed.

A smile broke out across his face. "Really?"

"Don't get too cocky." I warned. "You still piss me off." My palms started sweating, and I stared intensely at my feet, my shoelaces becoming very interesting. I tried to hide my face, embarrassed I told Harry he made me nervous. 'Cause he did.

He surprised me when he came and took a seat beside me. His hand lifted my chin up and he looked me straight in the eye.

"Don't hide a face that pretty, loves." He said softly. My heart fluttered. Harry thought I was pretty.

"Shit, I have to go. I'm so sorry." He cursed, glancing at his iPhone.

I smile. "I understand."

We exchanged numbers, and then Harry put on his black coat. I didn't want him to leave. I would have asked for the boys’ numbers, but I already got them from them already, when we were at Harry’s house last week. 

Before he walked out the door, Harry hesitated to brush his long fingers on my cheek. My eyes fluttered closed and I savored his touch.

I opened my eyes abruptly when Harry's touch disappeared. A pained expression was visible in his emerald orbs. He gave me a weak smile.

"I'll pick you up Friday night." He promised, and then walked out the door.

How can you hate someone, but want them so badly at the same time?

My heart dropped, knowing that Harry was in my life in a way that if he left me, I would be broken.

Beyond repair.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

I hope you liked this chapter! :) Keep voting and reading!

xoxo, Alli