Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Shit, shit, shit! I thought. Why did I say that? I didn’t speak as Harry walked around me, bending down slightly so we were at eye level. He put his large hands on either side of my face. My blonde hair provided a curtain around my vision, but I mentally cursed as Harry tucked the strands behind my ears. I hesitantly looked up at him, and saw a smile on his lips and his curls askew. 

“What did you say?” He asked me slowly, the grin never disappearing.

I let out a sigh. “Nothing -I said nothing.”

Harry stood up straight, so I had to look up at him now. “You called me beautiful,” he smirked, and pointed at me. His eyebrows rose.

“No, Harry, I didn’t,” I protested, pointing back at him.

He didn’t say anything; he just threw me over his shoulder. I let out a scream, and felt Harry’s chest rumble as he laughed. 

“Let me down!” I demanded. I couldn’t help the smile on my lips as I lightly pounded Harry’s muscular back. He just chuckled. “Harry!” I screamed as he twirled me around me.

I couldn’t help but laugh along with him. His musical laughter was contagious. Harry ran back to the kitchen, and without any warning, set me down on the kitchen counter, his arms never untangling themselves from my waist. In the blink of an eye, or laughter died out, expressions gone serious. Our eye contact never broke as Harry spread my knees so he was standing between my legs. I was forced to wrap my legs around his waist. His large hands found my lower back, pressing our bodies together. With our foreheads touching, I stared into his piercing green eyes. Mine fluttered closed when Harry crashed his lips to mine. My fingers intertwined themselves his Harry’s curls, our lips molding together. He clutched me closer to him and pulled me off the countertop. I tightened my grip in his hair and around his waist, holding myself to him. My heart rate didn’t slow as Harry broke the kiss, which left us both gasping for breath. I locked my fingers together around his neck and studied every inch of his face.

“I think you’re beautiful, too. More than you will ever know.” Harry finally spoke, breaking the silence that had fallen upon us.

“Great news, Haz! The snow - Oh shit, sorry!” a voice cursed, and when I turned to see who it was, I laughed when I saw Louis covering his eyes.

“It’s alright, Lou,” Harry laughed and untangled myself from him, just holding my hand instead. “What’s up?”

“Oh yeah! The roads got plowed this morning! Yay!” He cheered, and I smiled at the brown-haired boy’s happiness. He always seemed to be in a good mood.

“Really?” I asked, running to the nearest window, yanking back the curtains. Louis was right.  

******

“Do you really have to go?” Harry whined while pulling at my arm.

“Yes, Harold,” I replied sternly, tucking a strand of hair from my face. I was packed up and ready to go home, but apparently Harry had other plans for me.

“Fine,” He jutted out his lower lip and flashed me his puppy dog eyes.

“Harry, don’t look at me like that.” I whined while crossing my arms.

“Like what?” He smirked, wiggling his eyebrows and showing me his dimples.

“You know.” I shoved him playfully, giggling. The curly-haired boy faked a hurt expression, dramatically placing a hand over his heart as if he was wounded. “You can’t keep me here forever, Harry.” I pointed out.