Chapter 13

Chapter 13

As Harry and I left the O2 Arena, I thought about what had been bugging me for a long time. Why did Harry want to go on a date with me? He could have gone out with anyone, right? I liked him -sort of- and I just didn't want him to leave me on the curb as soon as he realized just how broken I was. Yes, I would heal -somewhat- but that would take time. Longer than I thought, but what I went through isn't something you could get over easily. 

I was so confused about why Harry was so interested. He didn't seem like the type to give up after he failed on the first try. When we first met I would have rather stuck pins in my eyes than sit in a room with him. Now, I feel like the room is empty if he isn't in it. It's actually really strange.

Harry noticed how quiet I was in the car, but he didn't try to talk to me. I hoped he didn't think I had a terrible time -I didn't. It was the best date I had been on -not that I had been on many dates to begin with. I planned on saying yes to Harry if he asked me out again. There was something about him that I couldn't describe, couldn't put my finger on. 

When the engine was shut off, the silence was loud. Harry and I just sat there with no words spoken.

"I'll walk you to your door." He offered, getting out and running around the car to open the door for me.

I laughed. "I can get out of a car, Harry."

He smiled. "I know, I just don't want you to get hurt." I looked at him from under my eyelashes, and found him staring into my eyes, which made my pulse race and my breathing become uneven.

Nothing in my body slowed when he intertwined our fingers and lead me up the steps of my porch. My chest ached at the thought of him leaving, and myself alone in the house. It was weird; I was usually just fine on my own. I look at him with pleading eyes.

"Thank you, Harry. Tonight was amazing." I said shyly, looking at my boots.

"Well, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did." He took both my hands in his and pulled me closer, causing me too look up at him, and I couldn't look away, not this time. He slowly bent down, and I froze when he pressed his lips to my cheek. I smiled and blushed, and saw Harry do the same.

My heart sank a little as I watched him drive away. My fingers touch my cheek, where Harry's warmth still lingered.

My world felt bland and dull without Harry in it. I didn't know someone could mean that much to me. In my room, the clock said 11:15 pm. I was out with Harry for four hours? It didn't seem like it.

I changed to sweatpants and a t-shirt and washed the makeup off my face before climbing into bed. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, replaying the night over and over again.

*******

ONE WEEK LATER

The sound of my ring tone, 'One Thing', woke me up. I didn't really know if Harry and I were considered boyfriend or girlfriend yet, but I didn't want to assume so, although he had taken me out twice in the past week, and I knew we both had a wonderful time.

Our second date he took me to a movie, and I loved it when he felt brave enough to intertwine our fingers. I was glad he felt comfortable around me. It wasn’t awkward at all, as most movie dates are – in my opinion. We held hands the entire movie, and a few people recognized Harry. They didn’t approach us, though, and for that I was grateful. I didn’t want the world thinking we were serious.

The third date, which I loved, Harry took me ice skating. I was terrible, and to be honest, he wasn't much better. When the night ended, he had kissed me, and my stomach formed butterflies. It was a quick peck, and completely unexpected. I had smiled at him, and he returned it. We continued skating after that, and something seemed to have changed.