Three Is A Crowd

I started to run, but it was too late. The spotted us and quickly made their way over.

"Michael, I knew you would be back here. What have you done. Capri's parents have gone crazy looking for her. The have convinced themselves that you did it. Looks like you have, but why?' Calum questioned.

" I have a right to go anywhere I want, and if I turn up here, then so be it. Why are you here Calum?" Michael asked.

Things were getting pretty tense, I couldn't even look at Emily.

"I came here to warn you, Michael. We need to talk somewhere more private. Are you staying at the hotel?" Calum asked.

"Yea." Michael said.

They both knew exactly what was going on while I was left in the dark. I was so confused. What are they talking about? How did Calum know we where staying in a hotel?

We all ended back up in our penthouse. And, we all made ourselves comfortable on the couches.

"Does she know?" Calum asked inferring something that I had no idea about.

"No, she doesn't." Michael said through clenched jaws.

"Well, it is none of my business, but I think you should tell her. She could get hurt and I think she has a right to know." Calum said.

"Know what?" I questioned so confused.

"Okay," Michael started, "I just wanted to let you know that I care about you and I never wanted any of this to happen." He stared deep into my eyes as he let everything fall out of his mouth. "I brought us here because I needed to get you out of Australia, you were in danger. But let me start from the beginning. My dad is a huge ringleader of a drug trafficking system. Your dad is too, that is why you moved here, to work with my dad. Your dad new me and he didn't want us together because he thought I was like my dad, he wanted better for you. A little dispute happened with the drugs causing my dad and your dad to have problems from the Columbians. I had to get us out Capri, I'm sorry. I did not mean for it to happen like this." He spilled.

I shook my head in disbelief, "your lying, your a liar." I yelled.

He got on his knees and crawled over to me and took my hands, "Capri, I'm being completely honest. Your dad moved here so he could work with my dad." He told me.

"My dad has his own business, he is not a drug trafficker." I snapped.

"Capri, his business is drugs." Michael said.

I started crying, hoping it wasn't true. A part of me believed him, and a part of me didn't want to believe. After a few minutes of running over the facts in my head I realized that Michael might be telling the truth.

"I don't know why but, I believe you. Now what do we do, keep running." I asked.

"No, the Columbians will not look here, but your dad might, if he catches wind we are here." He told me with worry evident in his voice.

"He won't know, well any time soon. He is trying to work up a deal with the Columbians right now." Calum informed.

"Good, so that will buy us some time." Michael said taking a sigh of relief. "Calum, you and Emily are staying here tonight, no exceptions."

Calum nodded his head in agreement. They had to go their hotel and check out and get their belongings.

This was a lot to process, I thought tat my dad was perfect. It all seems to make sense though. Dads work hours were different each day. I wonder if mom knew? I don't want her to get hurt, I don't want my dad to get hurt either.