i miss christmas

I'm not a religious person, but I'm sure you guys already knew that. I don't celebrate Christmas for god like lots of you guys do, but I'm not hating on anybody for that. you do you. celebrate who and what you want.

I celebrate Christmas for not just the presents, but for the family time and the happiness and just the aura of winter and snow and peace everywhere.

when I grew up I was always so excited for Christmas. my mom and I would always put the tree up like the day after thanksgiving and we'd have so much fun, singing and dancing to Christmas music.

lately though, as in like the past 2-3 years, it just hasn't been Christmas to me, not really. it's been more stressful because I have to buy so many presents. it's been later putting up our tree. it's been less fun and exciting, and more 'well fuck winters here guess we better stick this thing up the week before' and I hate it so much.

when I get older and have a house and family of my own, I swear we're going to have the best Christmases on the block. we'll put lights around our house, decorate inside the house, bake cookies, listen to old pentatonix Christmas song covers, have hot cocoa with marshmallows and just have fun. I miss having fun like that.

I miss Christmas from when I was young.