Chapter 25

Chapter 25

You would think by now I would have my romantic rescue. Nope. That wasn't the case here.

Here, well here I was laying down hopelessly staring at the night sky. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh. It was a mixed emotion that usually happened whenever I was put in a messed up situation. The last time I had this emotion is when I was determining whether to move to California or stay with my mother in Texas.

The wet ground under me would probably have bothered me if I was in a state to care, but right now I was at the verge of giving up. I should get up and walk back towards my car and head home because by now Gabe was far from taking me back anyway.

I sat up and looked around. The woods were very frightening and instantly I regretted coming out here alone. I got up on my feet, and by now my clothes was soaked by the rain. Thankfully it had stopped raining.

Not being totally clueless to where I had come from, I headed back east where I had parked my car at the end of the trail. I sighed in relief when it came into view and quickly slid in it to crank up the heat, ignoring the fact that I was wetting my seat. I sat there leaning against the steering wheel fighting back tears that were beginning to dawn on me due to the fact that reality was seeping in.

Automatically turning on the car and turning back towards the main road, I cranked whatever was on the radio up high to block out the thoughts that were threatening to break me down.

As soon as I made it home, I climbed up the stairs exhausted.

"Layal, is that you," I heard Rosa's hopeful voice.

I groaned in response, but didn't stop. She didn't attempt to approach me or say anything else, guessing that I had failed.

I stood under the hot shower for who knows how long. Allowing the hot water run against my entire body, from head to toe. I don't bother taking more time than necessary to scrub and shampoo myself.

Wrapping the towel around me and not bothering to get dressed I headed towards my bed and pulled the neatly folded covers so that I was planted warmly under them. The towel on my head prevented my hair from wetting my pillows. So I just lay there staring at the ceiling. I don't know when I fell asleep, but when I did I felt a sob escape my lips.

I knew I couldn't miss school. Actually, I didn't want to. There was some point in my life where education was a priority, since I had successful parents who valued knowledge.

The morning sky was dull from yesterday's rain and it seemed like the weather was going to remain that way for the rest of the day.

Peeling myself off the bed, I headed towards my closet with my bed sheet wrapped around me so that my naked body wasn't exposed. Letting the sheet dropped as soon as I was safe in my closet, I pulled out a pair of panties and the matching bra to go with it.

Being a perfectionist worked in my favor today since I wasn't it mood to actually care about anything even if my underwear didn't match with my bra. But, I knew later when I really thought about it it would bother me. Silly I know, but that's just how I am.

I slipped on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans that hugged my legs and hips perfectly. Then I slipped on a long sleeve brown thermo and grabbed a brown jacket but I didn't put it on. I just rested it on my forearm and grabbed my stuff to head out.

Eric wasn't downstairs in the kitchen and I wasn't expecting him to be. I expected that he had to keep a safe distance from me since I am a potential threat to the pack. Although I know where my loyalty now stood, there was no point to even declare it to anyone anymore since Gabe rejected me.