Chapter 4

*Amy*

An unfamiliar person walked in during homeroom with a dozen red roses. Hmm, I wonder why I've never seen him before. I know everyone in Kingsman and he scent is pure human. That's strange.

"Layal James?" The substitute said out loud after reading the slip that came with the roses.

Roses.

Layal.

Boyfriend.

Gabriel.

Fuck.

I instantly looked up at Gabriel and his face was puzzled but there was pure rage lurking up in mood and face, especially after the subs stupid comment about Layal having a secret admirer.

I noticed that Layal walked into class right before Gabe and they both looked a bit bothered. I hope, so hope that Gabe hasn't asked her out yet. I knew I should've waited for her before Gabe got to her! Ugh. I needed to talk to Layal, but what the hell will I tell her. 'Oh hey Layal can you dump your boyfriend that you're so in love with and give Gabriel a chance because the world's largest wolf pack is depending on it.'

Yeah. Uh no.

I looked up at Gabe as soon as he pushed the desk in front him and stormed out of the class without saying another word. I tried mind linking him to come back and stop being dramatic, but I thought better of it. I looked at Layal to read her expression, but she seemed a bit shocked and lost? I forced a smile her way, so it didn't look like I was studying her every reaction to Gabe's sudden dismissal.

I needed to figure something's out first and before Gabe interrogates me with questions about Layal. First, I'm going to start with finding out who the hell gave her the roses. As soon as the sub took her seat, I snatched the note that Layal was reading that came with the roses.

"Hey!" She exclaimed quietly, but I ignored her and read the note.

Yup, definitely from her boyfriend.

I looked up and held up the card between my index and middle finger, wanting it to magically set on fire. "So cheesy. How long have you been going out with lover boy anyway?" I placed the card back on her desk and she swiftly snatched to slip it into her bag.

"Two years." She flatly said without looking at me.

"Do you love him?" I asked without hesitation.

Please say no, please say no.

"Uh, yeah I do." She said sounding a bit too distracted by the disgusting plants in front of her.

I couldn't help but scuff and roll my eyes at her response. I don't know what I'm getting so mad about, as if she was aware of the damage it'll cause to Gabe and to the pack because SHE DOESN'T.

When the bell rang, indicating that it was the end of homeroom, Layal grabs her stuff without another glance my way and leaves to our Econ class.

Econ dragged and I can tell that Layal was avoiding me because she didn't acknowledge me even once. She has a pretty harsh cold shoulder when she's pissed. Maybe she can put Gabe in place when she's Luna. Ugh, whom am I kidding? This human girl is already taken and I need to find a way to get her single before Gabe finds out. Then there's Brittney's party this Saturday and most likely Brittney will invite her considering the fact that she seems to genuinely like her, which is odd because Brittney being a bitchy wolf that she is doesn't have a long list on her like list.