Chapter 18

Before you start reading this chapter, I want you all to know that I don't want this story to be another one those sexual wolf stories. With that being said, I took out the hot scene between Nathan and Layal in chapter 6 and change the cover of the book as well. There won't be scenes like that anymore. I hope you all like it better this way because I feel way more comfortable having it this way!

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 18

Gabriel rested his forehead against mine after a few moments of kissing. Unlike me, his breathing went in and out evenly and his eyes were closed. I wasn't sure what he was thinking, but I'm guessing it's something good since he's smirking.

I didn't say anything since I didn't want to ruin the moment. Instead he kissed my lips one more time and turned me around so that I rested my head on his lap.

"You look exhausted," he said while brushing my loose strands back. "Rest your eyes for a bit and I'll wake you when it's time for the next class."

I was going to object but my eyes were already responding. My body and mind felt at ease and content, and maybe it had something to do with Gabriel. Whatever it was my body responded to it in a good way and it scared the hell out of me.

Suddenly, I was enveloped in a dark forest and it was a bit breezy. The trees of the forests were surrounding me everywhere and when I began to walk the scenery began to shift into a tunnel. A dark cold tunnel that was arched by dark stones where something was dripping in between the cracks. I felt a drip hit my cheek and when I lifted my hand to wipe it off it was clear. Was I crying? I looked up and was met by a pair of green eyes, eyes that I once adored, but now realized that they were evaded with evilness and horror.

"Layal," the guy's mouth moved. A shiver ran through my spine and I hugged myself when it became a bit chilly.

Nathan began approaching me with a malicious grin. I couldn't move something was holding me down and I felt my body begin to shake.

"LAYAL!" A familiar husky voice shouted, following with the tremor from my body.

My body shot up and I wasn't sure what I was searching for. I kept turning around searching until I felt a strong hold around my waist.

"It's okay. I'm here it's okay. It was just a bad dream." Gabriel continued to murmur softly. He pulled me closer to him and rested my head on his chest. I couldn't move and I wasn't sure what exactly I was staring at.

I don't know how long we sat there until my stomach began to growl. "I'm hungry."

Nothing can get in the way of my food and me. Gabriel chuckled and pulled me up with him.

"Just in time for lunch," he said while leading the way towards the cafeteria.

"Wait," I stopped walking. "It's already time for lunch?"

He chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his neck. "I didn't want to wake you. You looked so peaceful."

"You should've waked me. I probably wouldn't have had that horrible nightmare," I sighed and continued walking towards the cafeteria.

Gabriel easily kept up with me but didn't put his arm around me like before, which kind of bothered me. He was probably trying to keep his distance in front of everyone else, but right now I don't really care what others think. I just want food in my stomach, like now.

"Here you go," Amy laid out a tray filled with food that you wouldn't think a high school has, but apparently it does.

"I don't know when you are going to let me get my own lunch," I smiled and began picking at the food. "It's not like I'm handicapped."