Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"Layal," I heard a husky whisper in my ear. I sighed and cuddled more into my firm pillow.

Wait. Since when was my pillows firm and since when did they smell like a mixture of faded guy cologne and a bit woodsy, and since when did they talk.

My eyes snapped open and my heart nearly stopped. I was about to scream, but Gabriel covered my mouth before I even had a chance to inhale. He put his index finger to his mouth after he took his hand off my mouth, indicating that I kept quiet. Explains why he was whispering.

Thoughts of yesterday came racing back to me and I couldn't help by smile to myself.

"I don't want anyone to come running up here thinking you're being attacked," he whispered. "Though I'm pretty sure that Eric knows I'm here by my scent." He smirked as though the idea is something he is proud of.

How can Eric know that he's here just by his scent? I'm going to take a lucky guess and convince myself that all the werewolf stories I read are true. "You still owe me an explanation," I reminded him.

I began pulling myself off him to go brush my teeth from this morning breath, but he pulled me back to his chest and squeezed me closer to him.

"What is there to explain," he inhaled and I felt his lips press against my head. "I'm more interested in hearing how you figured it out? It's not something that just happens to run through your head."

"I've read enough werewolf books to catch on to the words 'mate' and 'alpha,'" I said and felt his body go a bit stiff for a moment, but he pressed his lips to my head again and relaxed. "Besides, werewolves are abnormally attractive."

He quietly chuckled. "So you think I'm attractive?" I can hear the confidence in his voice.

There was no denying that he is attractive. Thinking about what I just said out loud, I felt my face get hot and covered it a bit. "You are absolutely stunning. You know that?" Gabriel said as he tried to move my hands from my face.

"Psh," I sarcastically rolled my eyes. "Yeah, right."

"Layal," he sat me up so that I was looking at him and by the tone of his voice I could tell he was about to get extremely serious. "Even if you had one eye and no nose, I would still find you stunning. You don't know what you do to me and you don't even try." He laid his head back against the head board. "Imagine if you do," he sighed dreamily.

I chuckled and slapped his chest playfully. "Yeah, yeah. Now tell me more about werewolves."

He sighed again. His arm that was wrapped around me was now extended to my hip and I could feel Gabriel softly rubbing his thumb against my bare skin. I shivered and he chuckled. "I guess I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm not going to try to hide that I'm relieved by that."

He kissed my head and I cuddled more into his chest. "I'm sorry that you had to find out like this. A part of me wished that you found out by me that I would be the one to tell you. I didn't think you heard me when I said mate. You must have impressive hearing." He lightly covered my ear like he did last night. "Yet you try to damage them with your absurdly loud music," he said disapprovingly and began talking quickly before I even had a chance to defend myself. "You heard it from Amy too. If her dumb ass mate didn't say 'alpha' in front of you, then you probably remain unaware. I should've been the one."

I noticed that he was feeling regret, and I had a different approach in comforting him. The idea of actually trying to 'drive him crazy' came to mind. I threw one leg over his legs so that I was facing him and was sitting on his lap. His eyes went wide and dark. I softly brushed his messy hair back and lightly pressed my chest to his chest so that I was eliminating any distance between us. I leaned in and said, "I'm glad that I found out sooner than expected because," I went in closer and whispered in his ear, "because I would have to wait longer to do this." I lightly bit on his ear lobe and pulled. I heard a growl and felt his hand tighten on my hips.