Chapter 22

Chapter 22

It's been about two days since the last time I saw Gabriel. He hasn't came to school and he wasn't at the pack house. The guilt I've been feeling since the other night is going to be the death of me. I am so selfish, so stupid.

"Have you heard from him yet," I asked Amy during lunch. I picked at the blueberry muffin placed in front of me and stared blankly at it, hopeless.

"No," she sighed. "Just give him time, Layal."

I nodded and fought the tears that were threatening to escape my eyes. I needed to remain patient and wait for Gabriel to come to me instead. When I wanted to be alone, he granted me that without hesitation or interference from anyone. It wasn't fair that I wasn't doing the same for him.

Gabriel being the nice and sweet guy that he is didn't fight Nathan. He simply asked him to leave Kingsman and never to return. Nathan left without a fight, but didn't utter another word. David and Amy knew better to say anything to Gabriel about anything since the circumstances weren't right. I know it was hard for them to not say anything, but that doesn't mean Nathan isn't going to be back. Remembering clearly his smirk before he forced a kiss on me, I realized that he knew Gabriel was going to see, so now I'm in the state that I am currently in.

This is my entire fault. If I didn't act so carelessly all the time, then none of this would have happened. If I just told Gabriel about my past with Nathan and his attempts to kill me, then this would all be over and Gabriel would be right here sitting next to me.

I couldn't hold in the sobs that escaped my lips. "Excuse me," I quickly excused myself and hurried out of the cafeteria from the stares that were coming my way. I didn't feel like going to next hour, so I made my way toward the bleachers.

My chest was in severe pain from the regret and guilt that I possessed. I tried not to cry about the whole situation, but I just missed Gabe so much.

All of this because of Nathan. He was still causing me pain even after we broke up. I fell on my knees and dropped my head in my hands sobbing and crying out all the tears that I held in. I wish I didn't have the feelings that I have for Nathan. I wish that he didn't have such an effect on me. I guess when they say that the first love is the sweetest but the first cut is deepest is true because that's exactly how I feel.

But then again, if you truly loved your first love you wouldn't have fallen in love again. No one would have a chance to steal your heart since it should be taken and protected by your first.

He may have been my first but he wasn't the one. I always knew that, but I was a coward to admit it and held off the love I had developed for Gabriel for too long.

I heard the bell ring in the distance indicating that it was the end of lunch hour. Amy sent me a text to see if I was okay and if I was coming to class. I replied and rested my back against the fence and looked up to see that the clouds were beginning to look a lot like storm clouds. The cool breeze was definitely a sign that it was going to rain soon.

Taking a deep breath of the pre-storm air, I let my whole body relax. I shut my eyes for a moment and felt a warm touch on my cheek. It was definitely a dream because I would only feel these sparks from Gabriel's touch.

"You've been crying."

I quickly opened my eyes to be met by the bronze orbs that I've been yearning to see. "Gabe," I managed to say while lightly stroking his face to make sure he was really here.

He smiled, but I can tell that it wasn't his genuinely happy smile. "Funny how we always meet here unexpectedly."

I threw my arms around his neck and pulled him towards me in a tight embrace. "I am so sorry."

I pulled back enough to look into his eyes. "You don't know how much regret and guilt-"

"Shh," he shushed me while placing his hands on either side of my face using his thumbs to wipe the continuous flows of tears running down my face. "I love you, Layal. I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me."

He pulled me closer to his lips. "I love you, too." I murmured against his soft lips.

He managed to pull me onto his lap without breaking the kiss. The kiss was filled with passion and more of my tears.

I slightly opened my mouth enough to let my tongue slip out and stroke his lower lip. Immediately allowing me to control the kiss and having our tongues almost at sync. There were countless times where I heard growls erupt from within. So I couldn't help but bite his lower lip and giggled a bit.

"I miss you," I whispered against his lips. He rested his forehead on mine and smiled.

"I miss you more, beautiful." He brushed the loose strands back and kissed my forehead. I rested on his chest while he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me closer to him. "I'm sorry I was gone for a few days and didn't contact you. I just needed sometime to figure something's out."

"I understand," I murmured. Instantly I felt the regret and guilt creep back and eventually a sob escaped my lips. No doubt Gabriel heard it and pulled me back to look at my face.

"What's wrong?" He worriedly examined my face.

"I've been a horrible person to you and you've treated me with so much kindness." I shook my head while the endless flow of tears continued. "I don't deserve someone like you."

"Shh, shh," he pulled me back to his chest. "I would never want anyone else other than you. I've been waiting for you all my life. I've loved you before I even met you. You're my mate. I didn't waste my time with any other girl because I've always known that I will find you. You didn't know about any of this and I will understand if you had a previous relationship." He lightly stroke my hair. "So yes, you are bound to act reckless because it's your instinct, but that's why I'm here. I'm here to protect you from everything even yourself sometimes," he pulled me so now I was looking directly at his eyes. They were swirling with chocolate and caramel and the rims of them were red.

I lightly stroke my thumb under his eye. He closed them and took a deep breath. "This is my sanctuary," He murmured. "You are all I want."

Inside of me felt like it was going to explode and I wasn't sure if it was from relief or from stress about what I'm going to tell him, "Gabriel, I need to tell you something."

I don't know if after my confession about Nathan and my past with him, Gabriel will still feel the same way. But a huge part of me still hoped as hell that he did.

------------------------------

I haven't left you with a cliffy in quite a few chapters so I decided now would be a good time. Please vote or comment because I really do appreciate the feedback and support.

Plus, I've been writing a story about a poor girl who needs saving and a rich boy helps her without actually realizing that she needed the help. It's sorta based on true events that happened in my life. The story is called "Save Me" so please check it out on my profile.

<3