Chapter 42

This chapter has been edited and officially brings this story to an end. Only took 4 years to write the final chapter. Sheesh. *wipes sweat* 

*Gabe POV*

To be honest, I don't know what I'm feeling right now. There are so many emotions running through me from relief, exhaustion, anxiety, pride, happiness, to finally love.

Layal refused to go back to our room to get some rest after the big battle. She's more concerned with Nathan who literally took a bullet for her. She requested to have the whole pack house sanitized and fixed up before anyone can move back in.

I replayed the last moments of the battle repeatedly in my head. How Layal literally fell from the sky, how a million thoughts were running through my mind, and how Nathan took a bullet for Layal that was met for me to take if I had my mind right. I don't know what I would have done if Layal was shot. I shuddered at that thought. The baby. My love, my Luna, my future Wife, my partner, my everything.

I completely forgive Nathan and truly trust him for everything he has said and done to Layal in the past due to his father insane obsessions. Nathan stayed true to his word and showed that he was ready to be a great Alpha the Texas pack needs.

Yes, that's right. I have also stuck to my word and already signed all the paper work necessary granting Nathan White the territory of the state of Texas in the Northern American continent pack. There just needs to be a ceremony to make it official, which Amy is already working on. Of course.

Nathan's father, who's now locked up in a high security cell in the pack prison, is a malicious and ruthless individual. Thankfully, Marco was able to stick him with the white poppy and silver oak to finally take him down, which he was oh so glad to do. It didn't affect Nathan and Hanna since they left the White pack under his rule. 

It's been a few days and the white poppy and silver oak has worn off, so now Nathan's father is conscious and still the old and evil man that he is. He isn't showing any remorse and refuses to speak to anyone. Therefore, he's definitely not getting out of there anytime soon. The damage that he has caused this past year is ridiculous.

The Wolf Ministry in the Mediterranean was close to getting involved when circumstances got out of control, and I surely did not want that to happen. It shocks me how swiftly and efficiently news arrives to them. I was told once that the ministry had spies stationed in every continent to ensure that rules are not being broken by any pack or sub packs and to report fundamental news. Now I know that that isn't just a rumor; it's a fact.

I can't believe I allowed it to get this far. What kind of Alpha would I be when I officially take the position? No doubt, that part scares the hell out of me and lets not forget the fact that I'm going to be a father sooner rather than later. The pack doc recently informed Layal and I that the baby is growing at tremendous speed and also wrote the sex of the baby and seal it in an envelope. So tell me: how the hell am I supposed to be an Alpha, a supportive father and loving husband all at the same time while maintaining my sanity?

I asked myself these rhetorical questions every minute of everyday since the end of the battle. But that's just it; it really is rhetorical because is there really an answer to these questions? Pshh. Beats me.

*Layal*

"How is he," I managed to ask.

"I don't know, love," Gabriel squeezed me tighter to his chest. We were now in the pack doctor's main operation room staring at an unconscious Nate. "I owe him my life."

This was all my fault. If I had just listen to Gabe and not been so reckless, Nathan would be okay and Hanna would talk to me.

"Get up," Amy barged in and demanded. I looked at her with confusion plastered on my face, no doubt.