Chapter 3

Chapter 3

*Amy*

I had to make it back to the pack house before Gabriel came back from the North border and I have to let his mother know about his mate being taken because not only is Gabe extremely ecstatic about finding his mate, he's already planning on asking her out. Thanks to the threatening message he mind linked me during lunch to stop being a cock blocker.

When I made it through the front door, I instantly headed for the kitchen where Gabe's mother, Larissa, is. "Luna Black?" I called out before entering the kitchen.

"Yes, Amy?" I heard her soft motherly voice answer before I saw her. She was grinning from ear to ear like she always is and of course she was starting on dinner. I smiled back and took a seat on the stool across from her.

"I need to talk to you." I made sure my tone was serious, so that she can give me her undivided attention.

Her grinning face faltered a bit, but she kept herself composed like a true Luna that she is. She walked around the counter and took a seat on the stool next to me. "What do you need to talk about, honey?"

I inhaled and exhaled before talking. "Gabriel found his mate today." I paused so she can let this new information sink in. If you think her face was already happy from the grinning, you should see it now. She is beaming. Her hand went up to her chest and she was practically bouncing up and down like a child.

"Oh, he has! How exciting! Gabriel must be so thrilled and relieved." But she paused for a second and her grin faltered, as if she knew there was a big but coming. "There's a catch." It wasn't a question.

I nodded, waiting for her to ask me what it is or whether she didn't want to know.

"Well...," she dragged on, waiting patiently. She wants to know, of course. It's her son's mate and possibly the next Luna! Of course she wants to know.

"His mate is already taken and she's human." I inhaled and exhaled again before continuing. "And she's in love with her current boyfriend."

"No...," her voice was low and her eyes were wide with horror.

"She won't feel anything that a mate should feel towards their mate because she's in love and especially because she's human." I said, reminding Luna Black of this information.

She composed herself again as soon as she heard a group coming into the kitchen. She got up and made her way back around the counter. "Do not speak of this to anyone. We'll talk about this later." She said in her Luna tone, dropping the subject. I nodded.

***

*Layal*

I felt a sudden vibration go off next my head. I woke up to see the time and ran into the bathroom to shower. It was already 7am! I forgot to set my alarm and if it weren't for Eric's phone call I would still been sleeping.

I quickly showered and dried my hair with the towel tying it up in a high messy bun. I didn't even bother with make up today. I just slipped on a pair of khaki shorts and a plain white v neck, ran out of my room with my sandals in my hand after shoving my keys and phone in my bag. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I yelled while running down the stairs. Took me 10 minutes altogether. 

Eric's just looked at me smiled and while shaking his head. I ate my breakfast quickly the same as yesterday and the same as yesterday Eric made it to school grounds within 7 minutes.

This time I didn't hesitate to get out of the car and Eric seemed kind of relieved by my new confidence when I said bye to him before closing the door.