Chapter 50

Jasmine woke up to the ringing of her phone. Crawford was calling her.

"Hey" Jasmine said stretching.
"Hey are you just now waking up? Do you know what time it is?" Crawford asked laughing.
"Um no" Jasmine said as she checked the time quickly. It was 12:30.
"It's not that late" Jasmine said.
"Get up you need to go visit your dad early and you still haven't eaten" Crawford said.
"Yeah yeah ok I will what are you gonna do?" Jasmine asked yawning.
"Well I think playing Black Opps 3 sounds pretty good for my schedule" Crawford said.
"Hahaha noooooo do something more productive hahaha I'm gonna go change now before Brent comes" Jasmine said.
"Ok but before you go, do you want to go to the movies with me tomorrow?" Crawford asked. Jasmine blushed.
"Is Crawford Collins asking me out on our first actual date?" Jasmine said sarcastically.
"Yes I am haha so will you?" Crawford asked.
"Haha yeah of course, I gotta go talk to you later bye" Jasmine said hanging up.

She went to her closet and decided what to wear.
She put on her lilo and stitch crop top with denim blue skinny jeans. She left her hair down straight and put on her lilo and stitch converse to match the rest of her outfit.
She grabbed her phone and went downstairs to the kitchen.
Brent wasn't up yet.
Of course Jasmine thought while laughing. Brent wakes up late on weekends.
Jasmine made herself a sandwhich and started eating.
After a few minutes, Brent came rushing downstairs.
"Crap I forgot we have to visit dad before the interview" Brent said as he made himself a sandwich.
"We still have like an hour" Jasmine said. She finished eating and went to get their iPad.
She had installed a piano app on it to play on for when they had to sing the song.
"You ready to go?" Brent asked. Jasmine nodded as he got his car keys out and they went outside.
*at the hospital*
"Mom just texted me to tell her how dads doing once we go to the interview" Brent said.
"I'll call her after" Jasmine said as they walked to their fathers hospital room.
"Hey dad" Jasmine said as she walked in. Brent walked right behind her and closed the door. "Hey kids I didn't know you guys were coming?" Their dad said.
He started coughing terribly.
"You ok?" Brent asked. "Yeah....I'm great" their dad said smiling.
You don't seem ok Jasmine thought.
"You remember when you taught us how to play piano right?" Jasmine asked. Their dad smiled.
"Yes of course! It's one of the best memories I have with you guys ....all of you" their dad said coughing again.
He's talking about Lexi and Brice too Jasmine thought pushing back tears.
"Well we started playing again and we wanted to play something for you" Brent said.
"So sit back and enjoy" Jasmine said making her dad laugh and smile.
"I heard you started making videos, that's great sweetheart I'm proud" her dad said.
"Thanks dad" Jasmine said. She and Brent sat down and took out their iPad.
"You sing I'll play" Brent said. Jasmine nodded as he started playing.
She started remembering when she sang with Lexi or Brice.
"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse"
"And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?"
"Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you"
"And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth"
"Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you"
"Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace"
"Tears stream down your face and I
Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face and I"
"Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you" Jasmine sang.
Once she finished she didn't even realize she was crying. Brent was too.
He wiped his tears away fast.
"Yeah so....we wanted to sing that to you since we haven't really visited you in a while" Brent said.
Jasmine wiped away her tears and looked at her hands.
"Awwww kiddos that was great I loved it Brice and Lexi would have too" their dad said.
He started coughing again but this time blood came out.
"Oh my god! Are you ok?" Jasmine asked.
He wouldn't stop coughing.
"Brent! Get a doctor!" Jasmine screamed. Brent ran out as Jasmine tried to sit her dad up.
He was choking on his blood. Jasmine tried to help him stop. He spit it out and tried to say something to her.
"I ...love you sweetheart....take ....care of ...your mom...and brother" he said.
"Dad please stay with me you can't go" Jasmine said crying.
"Sweetheart ....I'm happy.... I got.... to see you guys... one ...last ...time" he said drifting off.
He started closing his eyes.
"Dad....DAD!" Jasmine screamed crying.
"Dad you can't do this please!" Jasmine said bawling.
Brent came back with a doctor.
The doctor told Jasmine to get out but she wouldn't move. Brent had to carry her out. Jasmine screamed and tried to take his arms off of her but he was much stronger.
Once they were out the doctors closed the door and locked it. Jasmine fell to the floor crying into her hands.
"Jasmine...he's gonna be ok" Brent said. Jasmine nodded and sat on the bench next to him.
After a few minutes the doctors came back out. Brent went to talk to them.
All Jasmine saw was the doctor shake his head and say sorry to Brent.
Brent thanked the doctor and walked over to Jasmine crying.
"I'm so sorry..." He said as Jasmine got up hugged him and cried into his chest. "No...NO!!" Jasmine screamed crying into his arms. He cried too and held her close.
"He's gone.....I'm sorry" Brent said.
They cried for a few hours more till their mom came.
As she saw their condition she started to cry too.
"I'm sorry you guys" she said to them while crying.
They stayed there together hugging each other and crying.
Their mom had to get up and talk to the doctors.
Jasmine was speechless. She had no words. She and Brent had stopped crying but she honestly felt empty.
This has honestly felt like the worst at of her life.
"I'm gonna go help mom you gonna be ok?" Brent said. Jasmine just nodded.
She couldn't speak. Whenever she tried she just cried.
She sat there and waited. She saw Brent and her Mom come back.
"We should go home...." Her mom said and started walking out.
Brent stood there and waited for Jasmine. Jasmine got up eventually and walked out with him.
On the car ride back home her mom and Brent talked about all the things they would need to get done.
She could hear how hurt her mom sounded. How much pain it feels just to even talk about their father.
3....we've lost 3 people now Jasmine thought as they rode home.