Chapter 49

They all ate and talked about cool new things they were gonna do for their videos.
Brent checked his phone and his eyes went wide with excitement.
"You guys! I just got an interview with RadioDisney!" Brent said.
"Oh my gosh that's great!" Jasmine said hugging him.
"It's tomorrow at 4:00pm do you wanna come with me?" Brent said.
Crawford looked over to Jasmine. They both had wanted to hang out more but that would make Brent suspicious.
"Yeah sure" Jasmine said making Brent get more excited.
"I'm gonna call them" Brent said getting up and going to the living room.
"Does Brent know yet?" Chris asked Jasmine. "Nope he's clueless I'm sorry I can't hang out with you tomorrow Crawf" Jasmine said.
"It's fine don't worry, we don't want to get too clingy it'll be more noticeable" Crawford said. Brent came back smiling like a madman.
"They said after the interview they want me to try out their rides with you!" Brent said to Jasmine.
"OH MY GOD THATS GONNA BE SO MUCH FUN" Jasmine yelled making the 3 guys laugh. "I'm really proud of you bro but we have to get going. My parents are coming back . from vacation" Chris said.
He hugged Jasmine and Brent goodbye. Crawford was about to hug Jasmine but Brent got in the way.
"Um I guess I'll see you around" Jasmine said. "Yeah congrats on the interview by the way" Crawford said to Brent.
"Thanks" brent said smiling.
"See ya guys" Crawford said awkwardly as he and Chris left and closed the door.
"Wow what a day" Brent said flopping onto the couch.
"Yeah....are we gonna visit dad this week?" Jasmine asked.
"I don't know maybe....do you want to?" Brent asked.
"I really don't know...knowing he won't be with us anymore makes it depressing to go see him but...maybe we should he needs our support we're the only kids he has left" Jasmine said looking down.
"Yeah....hey why were you and Crawford so weird today?" Brent asked.
Jasmine tried not to look into his eyes.
"What? We were acting weird? What do you mean?" Jasmine said taking out her phone to look through it.
Brent came over and took it away.
"Hey! Give me back my phone" Jasmine said annoyed. She hated when people took her phone.
At least they didn't know her passcode....except for Brent. He unlocked her phone and looked through it.
Fuck i forgot to delete our convo Jasmine said. "You and Crawford are what?!" Brent said showing her the text where she agreed to secretly date Crawford.
"I'm sorry Brent! It's not like I had much of a choice! I really like Crawford and you're the only one keeping me away from him. Chris was helping us keep it a secret cause honestly it's not fair you don't see me going around telling you that you can't date girls till I feel it's right!"Jasmine said taking back her phone and running to her room.
Brent ran close behind her but not close enough.
She got to her room and slammed her door. She locked it quickly so he wouldn't come in. "Jas... Open up" Brent said.
Jasmine ignored him and went to her bed. "Jas..." Brent said again.
Maybe I should....nah Jasmine thought as she continued to scroll through her phone.
She suddenly heard someone playing the piano.
She opened the door a little and looked out. It was coming from the living room.
Is he?.....I thought he didn't like to play it cause of.....Brice and Lexi Jasmine thought. She tip toed down the hall and peeked over the stairs to see into the living room.
Brent was playing Jasmine's favorite song by Coldplay. It was Fix You.
He continued to play with no lyrics.
Jasmine slowly and quietly walked up behind him and watched.
"Lights will guiiiiide you home and igniiiiite your bones and I will try to fix you" Brent sang looking over to her. "Tears stream, down your face, when you lose something you cannot replace" Jasmine sang with him.
"Tears stream, down your face, I promise you I will learn from my mistakes" Brent sang.
He messed up a note and laughed. Jasmine laughed with him.
She all of a sudden started crying and sat on the couch.
Brent got up and went to sit with her. He put his arms around her and rubbed her back. "Shhh shhh look....I'm sorry for being a little overprotective I just...everything changed once you met Crawford. Dad got worse, moms working more, you started cutting again and I know you stopped but you did it after getting heartbroken and then after you got heartbroken again after being in the hospital cause of your crushes psycho ex girlfriend and....its just too much and I didn't want to see you get hurt anymore" Brent said.
"Brent...you have to know that I'm gonna get hurt in life and you won't be able to control it I have to learn from it. I'm sorry I lied I should have just been straight forward but...I just felt like you wouldn't let me hang out with anyone ever again" Jasmine said.
"No I would never do that....by the way you remembered that song?" Brent asked.
Jasmine pulled away and faced him. She wiped her eyes and looked down.
"Brent....that was the song Brice would play for me when I was depressed...Lexi and I would sing whenever he played" Jasmine said.
Brent looked over at the piano and back at Jasmine.
"What about you? I thought you didn't play anymore?" Jasmine asked.
Brent chuckled a little and looked at his hands. "I lied...I play when you're out with friends or just doing something. I play cause sometimes I feel like it's the one best memory we had with Brice and Lexi" Brent said.
Jasmine looked up at him.
"I'll let you be with Crawford but if he hurts you again I will make his life so miserable!" Brent said making Jasmine laugh.
She hugged him.
"What would I do without you?" Jasmine said into his neck.
They pulled apart and laughed.
"Hey....I was wondering, what if we played that song for dad?" Brent asked.
"Oh my god he would love it!" Jasmine said. "Ok well let's go tomorrow before the interview" Brent said.
"Yay!" Jasmine said jumping up and down. Brent laughed.
"But go to sleeeeeeep we have to be there early to see him around 2:00pm so we can spend a couple of hours with him" Brent said.
Jasmine nodded and ran to her room. She never felt happier.
She decided to call Crawford.

"Hey..."he said in a raspy voice.
"Haha hey did I wake you?" Jasmine asked.
"Yeah kinda it's like 1:00am girl what are you doing up?" Crawford said in a sassy voice making Jasmine laugh.
"I didn't even notice hahaha I just really needed to tell you something" Jasmine said smiling like an idiot.
"Is it bad?" Crawford asked.
"No it's actually really good" Jasmine said.
"Oh ok well what is it?" Crawford said.
"Brent approves of me dating you" Jasmine said blushing like crazy. She laid on her bed.
"OH MY GOD he did? How?" Crawford asked.
"We had a fight but it's all good now I'm visiting my dad tomorrow early though so we still can't hang out till after tomorrow" Jasmine said.
"Ugh okaaaaay well...at least I can call you my girlfriend" Crawford said.
Jasmine covered her face. She felt so tingly and warm when he said that.
"We can't tell the fans yet though ok? We'll do the boyfriend and girlfriend tag to announce it" Jasmine said.
"Ok well my beautiful girlfriend my little sister is yelling at me to go back to sleep so I guess I'll just have to text or call you tomorrow Haha" Crawford said.
"you weirdo haha goodnight" Jasmine said hanging up.

She laid on her bed and thought for a while. Everything seemed to be going in te right direction.
What next? Her dad gets to live longer?
Oh my god that would make my whole entire year Jasmine thought.
She plugged in her phone and went to sleep.