3.2 • Break Me (Pt. 1)

"If you can't see anything beautiful about yourself, get a better mirror, look a little closer, stare a little longer" -Shane Koyzcan

"So..." I giggled, slightly tipsy. My date chuckled.

"Calm down, one more glass and you won't remember a thing," he warned smiling at me warmly. I was just waiting for the 'but I'll never date a pop star'.

"Aha, you're right," I sighed.

"Why suddenly down, Ms Trainor? I didn't have you pegged as such an alcaholic," I giggled once again at him. He was really nice. Blonde hair. Kind, warm dark brown eyes. He wore a dark gray beanie over his mop of messy blonde hair. It suited him, skinny jeans (but not too skinny), simple, plain white t-shirt. He was... sexy, to say the least. His look matched his personality, kind, hilarious and warm at heart. A true gentleman.

"No reason," I sighed again, the ghost of a smile painting my lips as I traced my fingers around the rim of the wine glass I was drinking from, "Just realized that I stand no chance with you." I kept my eyes focused on the glass in front of me, not the drop-dead sexy guy staring at me, his perfect eyes reading me; studying me.

"Whoever said that, Ms Trainor?" God, I wish he'd stop calling me 'Ms Trainor', it's driving me crazy! I gulped. He used his index finger to place it underneath my chin, ever so gently forcing it upwards towards him. My green eyes were met with his definition-of-perfect cocoa eyes. His gaze dropped to my lips and up again, my cheeks burned.

"Cameron..." I gulped nervously, turned on, embarrassed, a whole jumble of emotions.

"Meghan," he countered, smirking, "Seriously, there's no reason I would ever say no to a girl like you." My cheeks flamed yet again, this guy..

"Cam-" he cut me off.

"Nope, nothing else. There's nothing else to say. Well, other than the fact that you're beautiful, but that's a given," he shrugged smiling. I blushed more, if that was even possible. "Dance with me?" He asked, wearing a smirk and holding out his hand for me to take.

"Why, I'd love to," I grinned, taking his hand and dancing with Cameron. I didn't care how I looked, though I must have looked awful, at the time I was too happy dancing with Cammy to give a shit.

1 Hour Later

The taxi pulled up at his apartment building. We'd be at my place but, well, brothers. We got out of the taxi with ease, neither of us entirely drunk and we were fully conscious of our surroundings and what we were doing. Which, to be honest, is definitely a unique outcome to a night out with me involved. We went upstairs with idle small talk, "How's your career?" etc, normal, random stuff. We made it to his apartment. Once there, I bit my bottom lip and we stood, seemingly looking into each others souls in a comfortable silence. I broke our gaze, once again, he pulled his finger towards my chin and guided my face to greet his. This time however, I was met with Cameron's soft lips. Our kiss was soft and sweet, and meaningful. It soon became heated, suddenly, half of my clothes were missing, he was shirtless. And we were in the bedroom.

We tore off whatever was remaining and we were left like this:
I had nothing on, he had boxers on. Just as I was about to remove the only article clothing between us, I thought better of it, shaking my head and pushing lightly on Cam's chest. "You okay?" he asked, worry etched onto his features. I nodded a little.

"Yeah," I mumbled, "I just- I want this to be special, real. I want to wait," I told him, anticipating his reaction. He just leaned his head closer to mine, linked our hands and pressed a light, gentle, sweet kiss against my lips. I let out a deep breath when he pulled away.

"Whatever you want, princess," he smiled. "I'd wait a thousand years," he whispered. My heart ached for him. He was so sweet, what did I do to deserve someone like him.

"Cam?" I muttered, my head pressed against his chest. His arms were wrapped around me, making me feel safe and resting on the small of my back. He mumbled a 'hmm?' in response. "I really like you."

"That's funny," He chuckled tiredly, "Because I think I might be in love with you." I smiled to myself. Yep, I did well here.

The Next Day

Sunlight streamed through the curtains and I wriggled out of Cammy's grasp so I could lay alone for a small minute. Suddenly, crashes could be heard from outside and Cameron shot awake, him just as curious as me. "What's that?" I whispered fearfully, clutching the sheets to my bare chest.

"I'm- I'm not sure," he knitted his eyebrows in frustration and butterflies fluttered in my stomach. The door flew open and there he stood. There stood the man that I fell too hard for, so hard it took so long to pick myself back up. But I did it, he was out of my life. Yet, here he was. Light, chocolate brown hair messy and tousled, eyes that made you melt and a face that turns your legs to putty. The voice of an angel and the most charming but devilish man I have ever had the pleasure of coming face to face with. Charlie Puth.

"Charlie," I whispered, shocked to silence. He stood breathless at the foot of the bed.

"You know this guy?" Cam asked curiously, eyeing Charlie up.

"Yeah," I nodded. He shot me skeptical look, "Cammy, he's an old friend, we have no history," I assured him. It was technically true. Officially, we never had any history. But my mind was a tangled place of broken heart strings and ruined memories. He nodded.

"Umm, I'll go make breakfast," Cam chuckled nervously, "You want pancakes babe?" Babe. I nodded.

"Blueberry if you have 'em thanks Cam." He nodded smiling, pulling his bathrobe around him. He silently left the room, leaving just me. Just me and Charlie fucking Puth. "What do you want Char?" I sighed.

"I just- I miss you," he admitted solemnly. I do feel bad, seeing his sad face, but, I never would've gotten over him if I didn't cut off all ties with him. He has a girlfriend.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, "Really. But it was just something I had to do. Then, just as quickly as he'd stormed in here, his lips were on mine. Captured in our own little world, on our own personal planet. A fire burning on passion and lust. I shoved him off of me. "No, Charlie." I scolded, "We can't do this. I finally got over you, don't do this."

"Meghan-"

"No! Charlie, can't you see I'm happy with Cam? Can't you see that?! And, in case you forgot, you have a girlfriend," I reminded, somewhat bitterly.

"But, I want you," he looked at me with pleading eyes. "Meg, please." I shook my head.

"No." Tears stung at my eyes and a lump formed in the back of my throat, a lump I attempted, and failed, to swallow and conceal. "You've done it once, Charlie, you won't do it again. I won't let you break me."

A/N: Yay! Finished this one in a day! Done, dusted. Thank God. I've re-fallen in love with Ed Sheeran, my British boy doing alright for himself haha. Props to my girl Mel for the names Cameron.

Stay Strong Lovelies,
~Faye C

(P.S: For some reason, my back is killing me :(. Owchies)