0.8 • The Album

Meghan sat there, scrolling through twitter and seeing Charlie's tweets every now and again when they popped up. She smiled. They all looked like song lyrics, and so many of them were indirectly speaking to her. And she didn't know this, only Charlie did. Well, and Mikaela.
"Charlie?" She questioned, raising herself up to Charlie's top bunk.
"Mikaela?"
"So, I was wondering. Why do you hit on Meghan through your tweets?" Charlie spat out the water he had in his mouth.
"WHAT?!" He gasped. "I do not!"
"You so do! Why don't you just tell her you like her?"
"Because... she might not like me back."
"Right, so you can spend your life not knowing if she likes you back?" Charlie thought about this for a moment.
"I'll have to." He sighed.
"No, you don't look at me and Matt. We're very happy because I told him how I felt.
"Yeah. You asked him out over and over again the better friends you became."
"I did. Now we're engaged."
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
"Love isn't sane. Have you heard any of the songs. Have you heard any of your songs? They were all probably written about Meghan..." Mikaela trailed off as she realized everything. Charlie was truly in love with this girl. He didn't just like her. He didn't just have a boyish crush. He was truly in love. "Oh my god Charlie." She gasped. He had written a whole album for a girl that, the way things were going, would never know who it was about. Her. "Charlie you've got to tell her."
"I can't."
"The definition of cowardice is the lack of bravery." Charlie got down from his bunk and started walking away. Mikaela followed suit. "The definition of love is a deep affection for someone." He paused. "Charlie you are both of those things. To be in love, is to be completely enchanted by someone, A true desire to wake up beside them each morning." Charlie didn't say anything in response, well, not for a little while anyway.
"Okay! I am completely enchanted by her, I have the desire to wake up beside her every morning and say, 'Meghan Elizabeth Trainor, I'm so in love with you that it drives me mental. I wrote a whole album to hear it and hear how badly I have fallen for you, you are my one and only, my dear future wife.' But I can't! I am so madly in love with her, but I can't tell her that. So yes, I guess I am a coward, but right now, living with not knowing seems far better than having my heart shattered into a million pieces!" Mikaela gulped.
"Charlie." She whispered. Charlie, still seething with anger, responded with a frustrated.
"What?" Mikaela just pointed behind him and snuck out of the room, slipping through the door unnoticed by a very shocked and frozen Charlie.

"You're in love with me?" It was Meghan. Only him. It would only happen to him. He gulped nervously.
"No." That was his initial response, but then he saw her raised eyebrow and changed it quickly.
"Yes. I mean no- I mean yes? Why are you so unreadable?! What do you want me to say?" He asked, he was frantic. He did love her, and the only thing that got him through each day was knowing that they would always be friends, but now, that may not even be a possibility. And this scared Charlie to no end. It would be like hell on earth; for him, obviously.
"I'm not sure." She muttered after a few minutes of silence passed by.
"I'm sorry. I- that was stupid. Give me time, I can forget, I can't lose you as a friend, I don't think I could live with that." He was begging her now, he might as well have been on his knees.
"Charlie, shut up." Charlie felt his heart sink into a deep, dark, bottomless pit. Even though he knew the probability was slim, there was always a part of him that wished she felt the same. Now that flicker of hope was shattered. He nodded, tears threatening to spill from his eyes.
"No, shut up." She repeated pulling him down for a long, passionate kiss. Their lips molded together like pieces of the same puzzle.
"Meghan." Charlie breathed. She grinned.
"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that."
"You have no idea how long I've been wanting you to hear that." They laughed. "I don't know whether to thank Mikaela or hit her."
"I say we prank her?" Meghan shrugged, a mischievous grin forming on her features.
"I like that."

An hour later, the whole thing was planned perfectly. Down to every minute detail on how to make Mikaela feel absolutely terrible. Charlie would go in, pretending to be angry and upset, he'd sit on the couch and as soon as Mikaela starts walking towards him, he goes over to his bedroom and makes telling her they're together really emotional and dramatic. As soon as Charlie opened the door to the apartment really dramatically.

-=Charlie's POV=-

I opened the door slowly, putting on my best angry face. My jaw was clenched and I'd been rubbing my eyes for the past five minutes to make it look like I'd been crying, I hadn't. I'd been making out with Meghan for the past hour, and devising the plan, duh.
My face was covered in a thin layer of Meghan's blush to make it look like I was flushed red. I slumped down on the sofa, holding back the urge to laugh. I heard Mikaela's heels click towards me. "Hey Char?" She whispered, placing a hand on my shoulder, I wiggled from her grip and stormed over to my bedroom, slamming the door shut. "Charlie!" She made her way over to my door and knocked on my door gently. "Charlie, I feel terrible, please talk to me." After no response, Mikaela opened the door and saw me on my phone watching the Marvin Gaye video on YouTube. "Char, I'm so sorry."
"You wanna know what happened?" I don't wait for a reply. "She heard everything, and then, she- she stayed quiet and then, she told me to shut up. I think I may have physically felt my heart break in my chest, but then she kissed me. And we're together and we spent the last hour making out." I laugh hysterically at this point and Meghan comes running in and presses a light kiss against my lips. Mikaela is literally shocked to the bone and speaks slowly.
"Okay, A, TMI. B, you're a dick!" And whacked him on the arm. I pout.
"It was her idea!" I defended, rubbing my arm.
"Yes it was. Sorry Mikaela!" She laughed.
"Ugh, whatever, enjoy you're little make out sesh that I know you're gonna have!" Mikaela chuckled before rushing out of my room.
"She's right."
"About what?"
"We are gonna have a make out sesh." I said, and pulled her close to me. "I love you." I whisper.
"I love you too."

-=+=-

A/N: Hello! This was really fun to write. I feel like there has been literally none of Charlie's family so I brought Mikaela into the story.