4.8 • Soulmate

I hear our daughter, Paisley thundering about and I can't help but think one of us is going to have to get up and tend to her before she draws on the walls or something insane. Kids will be kids I suppose. I look over at my sleeping wife and smile. Her golden hair billowed around her on her pillow making her look like an angel, she was smiling in her sleep, with her body pressed closely against mine, her arms around my waist and her head resting on my torso. I don't think it's possible for me to love someone as much as I love her. She was just the most adorable human on the planet and she's got everything. Great sense of humor, god knows she has the looks, a damn good body, and goddess-like smile, the perfect personality, and she's just amazing in the bedroom. I'm not even going to get into that. I tucked a stray lock of golden hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead whispering, "Morning princess." 

"Morning babe," she spoke in her sexy morning voice. It was slightly raspy and hoarse but it was one of the cutest and sexually arousing things I ever had the pleasure of hearing, "Mm, what time is it?" she groaned, still more asleep than awake. 

"It's only seven," I informed her, smiling fondly at her, "But Paisley's at school today, I figured you'd want to take her. And god knows it takes you a million years to get up and ready," I over-dramatized laughing quietly. 

She chuckled and hit me weakly on the chest, "Oh shut up, you and your hair can't say nothin'!" she giggled, knowing she'd started something. I rolled over a little so I was sat on top of her and started tickling her like there was no tomorrow. She squirmed and tried to escape my grasp but I was way too strong so she wasn't going anywhere. She shrieked and squealed under my grasp and I just laughed triumphantly. "Char- Charlie I can't b- breathe!" she gasped in between breaths. I laughed at her. 

"Take it back!" I demanded jokingly, sticking out my tongue a little. 

"N- never!" Her giggle was music to my ears. 

"Well then, I guess I'll never stop tickling you will I?" she laughed more and harder until she was almost crying she was so out of breath. I continued to tickle her, knowing she could take it and just sat on top her laughing my ass off. The door creaked open and Paisley gasped. I rolled off Meg and she sat there regaining her lost breath. 

"Thank you Paisley!" Meghan chuckled sending me a death glare, I could roll straight out of bed because I was smart. When I say that I mean I remembered we have a daughter so I put on a pair of boxers and a t-shirt. Meghan, however, just passed out immediately so is left naked under the sheets. "You want breakfast?" The young girl nodded her head, her blonde braids bounced as she did so and her auburn eyes lit up at the prospect of breakfast. 

"Yes please," she grinned toothily, showing off her perfectly white, tiny teeth. I smiled fondly at my daughter, she was inevitably adorable and sweet and well-mannered. I don't know what it was but we were doing something right. I glanced at Meghan, who also was giving little Paisley a loving stare. "May I have pancakes please?" she asked sheepishly. I laughed, as did Meghan. It was no secret that Paisley loved pancakes.  

"Well , that's your dadda's forte," Meghan grinned at me, sending me a wink. I shook my head lightly at her. "Go on downstairs, Pais. Me and your dad'll be downstairs in a couple of minutes," Meghan spoke, smiling at the younger version of herself, those adorable dimples forming on her cheeks. 

"Okay momma," Paisley replied sweetly, also smiling and then disappearing down the stairs. 

"God I love you," I sighed, planting a kiss on Meghan's lips. She grinned. 

"I love you too," she giggled, kissing me again. "Right mister, up and ready!" she chuckled, mocking the way we speak to our three year old. I rolled my eyes and laughed. 

"Okay mom." I left Meghan scrolling through her Instagram with Biggie and went to make the pancakes. I made blueberry because I knew it was my wife's favorite. She emerged downstairs wearing one of my flannel shirts and nothing else. She hugged me from behind, resting her head on my back. "I spun around and faced her, kissing her fleetingly. "We're in the presence of a small child," I hiss jokingly. She laughed. 

"Yes because Paisley minds so much," she rolled her eyes. "Anyhow, I've got to go to the studio later." Later that day while Meghan was at the studio I was playing with Paisley. 

"Dadda?" 

"Yes baby girl?" I replied. 

"What's a soulmate?" she asked. I sat stunned for a moment, not sure what to do or say. Then I thought of Meghan. 

"It's a.. Well, it's like a best friend, but more. It's the one person in the world that knows you better than anyone else. It's someone who makes you a better person, well, actually they don't make you a better person... you do that yourself-- because they inspire you. A soulmate is someone who you carry with you forever. It's the one person who knew you, and accepted you, and believed in you before anyone else did or when no one else would. And no matter what happens.. you'll always love them."

Paisley looked at me with a look of awe. I smiled at her, looking at one of my favorite girls. The spitting image of her mother, with my eyes. Basically. Thinking of her mother. Meghan. How much I love her and how no matter what she's perfect. 

I found my soulmate. 

A/N: Hello! I kind of like this one... I'm not entirely sure, but I've written much worse. What do you guys think? 

Stay strong lovelies, 
- Faye xx