1.4 • Amnesia (Pt. 2)

"Charlie, who's Charlie? And who the hell are you?"

A sob caught in the back of my throat. Ellie just looked shell-shocked from where she stood next to Charlie, her dad. He didn't remember us, he didn't even remember who he was. "Charlie." I whispered, it was so barely audible I don't think he heard me. Ellie left the room in tears and I had to follow her, I couldn't just leave her alone. She was 4 years old. I fled the room, tears streaking down my face. "ELLIE!" I screamed. I lost sight of a 4 year old girl. I found Rita and I was still panicking. I must've looked a mess, tears falling from my eyes and off my pale cheeks, mascara running, in a mad frenzy to find my 4 year old daughter. "Have you seen Ellie?!" I asked her, fear flashing though my eyes.

"What? Erm, no." I groaned and started running again, I think I heard Rita follow me but I just ignored it. Ellie, I need to find Ellie. I found her eventually, thank god.

"Ellie!" I panted, enveloping her in a hug.

"Mommy." She sobbed. "Daddy doesn't love me anymore!" She cried and I held her tighter.

"Come on sweetie, let's go home." I said eventually and she nodded. I picked her up and rested her on my hip before leaving the dreaded hospital far behind us. Two weeks later and we'd got a phone call.

"He has amnesia." They'd told me, at which point I thought 'no shit' I didn't say it though. "We can't be sure if it's permanent or not, but, he won't remember you for 6 months at least. I'm really sorry."

"Does he remember who he is yet?" I choked out.

"Yes, yes he does. He knows who you are too, as a friend though Ms Trainor, he doesn't remember any dates, weddings. Nothing. I'm terribly sorry. Would you like to see him?" I shook my head, even though he couldn't see me. I didn't want to see Charlie if I couldn't kiss me, if he wasn't going to hold me like he always did and tell me everything would be okay. But he wouldn't. I wanted the man who loved me, the man who loved his daughter.

-4 Years Later-

I heard the TV being turned on and sighed. Ellie was 8 now, and she was the biggest Charlie Puth fan. It hurt. Seeing her watch interview after interview, taking her to every concert and show I could. She looked so much more like him now, his exact shade of hair, his grin, the way his eyes lit up when he spoke, she did that too. It was Ellie's birthday today. She was 8. Charlie hasn't been here for four years. The entire house lingered with the smell of vanilla, her favorite cake. Charlie's too. Everything she did or liked reminded me of him, and it broke me. He was with Selena Gomez now, has been for about half a year. I'm dating Brian, he's not anywhere near as loving Charlie, but he treats me right. "Mom, mom come here! Charlie's on the TV!" Ellie squealed and I sighed, my apron still on as I made my way into our open plan living room. Sure enough, on the TV was Charlie. My Charlie.

"So, Charlie, everyone in the world has heard about it, but is it true? Have you and Selena broken up?"

I saw him nod.

"We have. I think it was something to do with my amazing wife. I woke up, one day last week and I remembered everything; he blonde hair, her green eyes, her body.... damn that body. And then I remembered waking up next to her every morning, and I thought about how much I missed it. Then our daughter, we had a beautiful daughter. Elliot, Ellie. She had brown hair, like mine, her mothers eyes. She was so beautiful and I'm so sorry that I didn't remember you sooner. If you'll have me, I want you two back because I miss you so, so much."

Tears sprung at my eyes. He remembered me, he remembered us both. He wanted to be back with us and I wanted nothing more than to have him.

"My name's Elliot!" She squealed. I nodded.

"Yeah, baby it is."

"Okay, that's all the time we have with Charlie Puth. Thank you Charlie."

The reporter said to a nonexistent man. Where did Charlie go?! I shook it off and continued with Ellie's cake. Started piping the icing on top. When did I become such a baker? I chuckled lightly at my comment before hearing the doorbell. I sighed. Wiped my hands, removed my apron and made my way through the living room, I smiled when I saw Ellie, she watching cartoons on the TV. I opened the door and stood there was none other than Charlie Puth. Tears starting falling down my cheeks. Charlie was here. "Hey." Charlie waved awkwardly. He saw I was crying and pulled me into his arms and I felt safe. So. Damn. Safe. A feeling I've missed. He presses his lips against mine. I missed that too. We hear an "ewwwwww." from behind us and we broke apart chuckling.

"IT'S CHARLIE PUTH!"

"Hey Ellie." He grinned. "Happy Birthday." Her eyes lit up and she beamed at me. He handed her a perfectly wrapped present, no doubt professionally done. Hey, I can't say anything. All of Ellie's presents are professionally wrapped, just so they look really cute.

"Mom, you just kissed Charlie Puth." He smirked and crouched down so he was her size.

"Call me dad."

A/N: Eh, idk what I think about this chapter, what do y'all think about this chapter. Tell me in a comment. Also, thank you for the crazy amount of views and votes and comments on this story, it means a lot. I also changed the cover because I was getting bored of the other one and all my other stories have new covers so I though eh, why not? Love you all,
~B