4.4 • Wedding Bells

Wedding days, they say, are meant to be the best day of your life. Picture perfect. So that's what everyone strives for it to be, the new definition of the overused, impossible word perfect. But, what if it wasn't the actual wedding..? What if it was the guy?

Meghan's POV

I can't believe it. I'm getting married today. White wedding, perfect hair, perfect makeup. The day when I really turn into a girly-girl. I mean, award shows and things like that I wear a dress and I know who made it and I know it's cute, but I never actually pick it out, I never know how much it cost or whatever. And I never see the dress again after that. My wardrobe consists of sweats, leggings, hoodies, baggy t-shirts etc... Nothing special. But today... Today I get turned into a princess. For real this time.

Charlie's POV

Today... Today is my wedding day. Today I stand on the isle in the midst of this picture-perfect white wedding. Today I wear a tux, and I look smart and I have a flower in my breast pocket. Today, I stand in front of all of my friends and family - and all of hers - and I say my "I do's". Today I get married.

My mind flashes back to last night, how she wasn't by my side. How I had that nightmare.

The night before

I was walking along the street, hand in hand with Meghan. Her blonde hair was tied back into a messy ponytail and she had on no makeup, a little sweat on her forehead. I smiled at her. "How was practice?" I questioned.

"Good," she sighed, "Exhausting. But good. I just wish we started sooner, you know. Shorter less vigorous hours, longer to rehearse etc, but we didn't."

"Yeah I get you. Mines not that bad, I just sit at a piano the whole time," I snickered. She rolled her eyes and scoffed jokingly.

"Whatever," she responded cheaply, "I get to dance more."

"I don't like dancing," I pointed out.

"And that, Charlie Puth, is why I have more fun than you! How in the hell do you not like dancing?!" I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"I just don't." We laughed and talked for a little more until her break ended. As we were walking back I heard what sounded like a gunshot, a loud bang ringing out and deafening me for a split second. "Hey Meg did you-" I then turned and found the recipient of the bullet. Meghan. Her tied back blonde hair now contrasted her suddenly paper-white skin tone. An area around her stomach was a growing patch of crimson red. "No!" I screamed, falling to the ground beside her, holding her in my arms. "Meg- Meghan please!" I sobbed, pulling her close to me as I sobbed into her, breathing in her scent.

"I'm sorry Char," she croaked, "I love you." She whispered and then her body went limp in my arms and I was left sobbing at an unmoving, unbreathing, dead entity that I held close to me.

Present Day

I sat up, my forehead covered in a cold sweat. I wanted so bad to call her and ask her if she was okay, alive. That's all I needed to know but knowing I couldn't was killing me. God, something drastic needs to happen tomorrow.

Meghan's POV

I know it's bad, but I couldn't help thinking about how much I'd rather be stood at the isle saying "I do" to Charlie. Don't get me wrong, I like Nate, a lot. But... There's a fine line between love and like and sometimes you can't tell which side your on. Not until it's too late. "Meg," Ashley appeared. "It's not too late to back out on this you know," she tells me. I sighed.