1.9 • I'm okay

Today was rough on her. I know it was. She'll tell you it wasn't, it's fine. But it was and she's not.

"Meghan." I called, where is she? "Meg!"

She popped her head around the door frame to the studio. "Hey."

"Oh hi. I didn't know where you were." I smiled at her. She's so beautiful... She forced a smile back, it was so obviously forced as it didn't reach her eyes and her adorable dimples never formed on her features.

"Here." She raised her eyebrows and disappeared through the door. I followed through and she sat there, at a chair, her head in her hands, mumbling incoherent things to herself.

"Meghan." I whispered, coming up behind her and rubbing her shoulders.

"Hey." She sighed.

"It's okay. Come on, let me take you home. It's..." I paused while I checked the time. "2 am. Way to late for you to concentrate enough, all of the band have gone home already. Come on." She shook her head lightly, still in her hands.

"I just want it to be perfect for my megatronz."

"I know you do, I don't doubt that. I do too, why do you think I've pushed Nine Track Mind back?" I chuckled. She let out a slight laugh.

"Twice." She added.

"Need you remind me?"

"Guess not."

"Anyway, why don't you push it back? You haven't even told them the release date yet, it's easier for you to do."

"That doesn't mean I want to Charlie!" She snapped, wriggling away from my hands and stood up.

"Meghan, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." I spoke softly.

"No... No, I'm sorry. I'm just so stressed out about this whole thing. It's got to be-" I cut her off.

"Perfect. Yeah, yeah. I know." I rolled my eyes. "Home. Now."

"But-"

"No buts, you're going home." She huffed.

"Fine." I grinned. I'd won. I bundled her into the car and started driving back to her large LA home. When we arrived, I pulled into her driveway and stopped the car. I took a second to glance at Meghan, who was fast asleep in the passenger seat of her white range rover. I sighed because I knew I'd have to wake her up.

"Megs." I muttered in her ear. She groaned, and her eyelids fluttered and she opened her eyes to meet mine.

"There's those gorgeous green eyes." I smiled. "We're back."

"Okay." She muttered sleepily. "How are you getting back Char Char?" She asked.

"I'll get an uber." I shrugged. She shook her head.

"No, it's too late. Just stay at mine."

"It's okay I'll jus-"

"No, no, no. Just stay on the couch. We've gotta be back at the studio early tomorrow - today - anyway. It just makes life easier." I caved.

"Fine."

"Good." She nodded triumphantly. "Come on then."

We walked into her house. I kicked off my shoes and settled on the couch. "Night Char." Meghan mumbled as she passed me.

"Night Megs." She disappeared up the stairs and I pulled out my phone to check Twitter. I scrolled through my feed until my eyes started to droop and I eventually drifted off into dreamland.

(Meghan's POV)

I groaned and shuffled a little in my bed. My eyes flickered open and I yawned. "What time is it?" I wondered aloud. I glanced at my clock. 3:26. My throat felt dry, so, I lugged myself downstairs and went to grab a glass of water.

"Meghan?" Charlie mumbled sleepily.

"Yeah?" I whisper back, taking a seat on the sofa.

"Why are you awake?"

"Couldn't sleep." I sighed. "And my throat hurt." I added.

"Ah. You feel alright?" I was fighting the urge to cry.

"I'm okay." I lied. Even though it was dark, I caught Charlie's gaze. He shuffled closer, then he pulled me close to him and hugged me tight.

"I know you're not." He mumbled into my ear and I just cried in his arms.

"I love you." I mumbled tiredly.

"I love you too." He pressed a gentle kiss to my lips. Tears were falling rapidly down my cheeks. Oh Charlie Puth, the things you do to me.

A/N : I KNOW IT's REALLY SHORT DON'T YELL AT ME! I'm working on several one-shots at once at the minute, there will be more, and I'm sorry that it sucks as well, it was kinda rushed :/
~Faye x