4.0 • Jerk

"After Tuesday, even the calender says W.T.F," - Unknown

- - - -

Charlie Puth. Dear god, just the mans name sends shivers down my spine. I smile at the memories and the moments and I frown at now. They say the past is nothing compared to the present, if so, why do I just wish I could go back to the past, when Charlie was... well, Charlie. Lately he's not himself, he's scowling more, he's angrier, he's snappy, he's moody, he's arrogant, he's being a jerk.

His entire personality has taken a back flip, he went from blushing at the paparazzi and wondering why he's good enough to posing for them! Mikaela called me a few weeks ago, which shocked me, but she was coming to me for advice about a boy. Now, me and Mikaela were never really that close on tour, and I helped her out, asked what was wrong etc... However, when it came to ask her why she wanted my advice, her response was that Charlie wouldn't listen to her anymore, and this just angered me. No matter what, family first. It doesn't matter if you're on tour, or you have something else to do, there is nothing more important than your family. Not ever. Not girlfriends, or snapchat or the gym. Not anything, nothing will ever mean more than family.

Today, I have a show on the pier, me and a few other celebrities are performing there for a charity gala, Charlie included. Now, we're not really friends anymore, we don't text, call or FaceTime. In his words, we don't talk anymore. I wore simple clothing, it wasn't a black tie event so why should I? Whilst there, I got through my set and Charlie his, the only thing I wasn't expecting whilst texting my brother where to find me was to bump into Charlie. We both ended up on the floor, "Hey, I'm really so- Charlie?!"

"Yes? Watch where you're going next time, Meggie," he mocked his old pet name for me and I couldn't help but feel hurt, not only was he mocking what we used to have, his tone was so harsh it cut through my insides like I knife. I felt myself tearing up. "What? Still obsessed with that idea you had called love?" he asked teasingly, hauntingly cruel and out of character- his old character that is.

I scoffed.

"I love you, Charlie. Who you are, not who she's made you. Don't you see? She's changed you!" I was shouting now, "She's changed you, you're not Charlie Puth anymore. I'm sorry but... you're not. You're not the guy I met, or the guy I fell in love with. She's turned you into this alternate version of yourself that nobody likes. Charlie, even you're family don't like the 'new you'. I'm sorry I have to be the one to tell you this, but it's all true." I think Charlie had a wake up call, he needed one. He looked up at me with sorrowful eyes, his tight lipped smirk faded into a frown.

"Have I- Have I really changed?" he asked me in a soft tone, like the old Charlie would. I knew then that I'd got him back, that he was here with me and not in some cage deep down, not like he was before. "I- I was really that bad?"

"Yeah," I mumbled gently, placing a hand on his arm, "I couldn't even recognise you anymore."

"I'm really sorry, Meg. Do you still love me?" He asked me anxiously, running a hand through his already tousled hair. My head nodded gently, ever so slightly as not to be seen.

"Of course I do," I whispered, not really to him, too quiet for him, just to myself. "I'll always love you," I added as an afterthought. Thankfully, he didn't hear any of this dialogue. I swallowed and prepared myself for what I was about to say. "No. I can't, maybe one day I could love you, but when you changed you broke me, Charlie." That much was true. Charlie had broke me, but I still loved him.

"Oh," he mumbled. "I love you," he tells me. My eyes widen in shock. "She was just a distraction from you, always was. If I changed, it was because I was driving myself crazy." He explains senselessly.

"Char..."

"No, Meg, hear me out," he didn't wait for a response, and continued, "I love you. Since the day we met at that party, when you were slightly tipsy and I didn't think you'd even remember me when you woke up, so imagine my surprise when I wake up to a text from you. Imagine my surprise when we became best friends, recorded a song and watched it climb the charts, when we made out," I blushed, "You never cease to amaze or surprise me Meghan Trainor, so I'm begging you, give me one more chance, one more chance to be that guy you fell in love with. Please." He was begging with his eyes too, pleading with me. One more chance, surely I could grant him that? We could be together... like I'd always wanted. But what if he changed again?

"Charlie," I breathed, "Please don't do this to me." He looked so disappointed and upset, I'd never once seen Charlie genuinely upset. Sure, he was sad when Mikaela came crying to him over a guy, but he was more angry than upset. But this time, there was no trace of anger, not even a hint of happiness present in his system. Just disappointment and sadness. Then myself, not able to take it any longer, stepped closer to him, lifted up his head so his eyes focused on me not the dull wood flooring, and said nothing. We just looked into each others eyes, his face filled with unreadable emotion, mine stained with a gentle smile. "Char," I whispered, "I love you." Then I leaned up and I kissed him. He smiled into the kiss, after getting over the initial shock, he picked me up so my feet were hovering above the floor. Slow and soft, simple and sweet. I grinned, pulled away just enough so out foreheads touched.

"I love you, Meghan Elizabeth Trainor," he grinned, his eyes sparkling again, a very welcome change. "I love you so much," he breathed out, admiring me. My legs wrapped around his waist, making me easier to hold.

"I love you too, Charles Otto Puth," I giggled.

"Hey," he scolded gently, jokingly, "You know I hate it when you call me Charles," he pouted. I smiled.

"You're so cute." Then I kissed him again.

A/N: I'm sorry for no updates, seriously, but I just haven't been able to write very well since I started back at school. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this, and I hope it made sense, I wrote the ending before the beginning, I dunno, some kind of inverted writing was going on here.

-Faye x