1.7 • One Call Away

I was late for school again. Fuck. Plus, my car is in the shop. I'll have to get the public bus. In case you didn't know, the public bus is 10 times worse than the school bus. A cramped space full of people you don't know, all going somewhere, doing something. Some doing nothing. Busying themselves with nothing to do.
Sighing, I grabbed my school bag. A plain, black backpack. I would have a different bag but this one fits my ukulele, so I only use it on days I have practice. Which, admittedly, is most days. I practically sprinted to the bus-stop. An unfriendly place complete with some stupid graffiti, put there by some stupid graffiti 'artist'. It's not art is it? Not really. It's just annoying and fucking stupid. Not much I can do is there? I'm not that bothered, I'm not going to camp out all night but, when you have nothing to think about or do, your mind can wander to the strangest of things. "Hey." I heard from beside me and I turned my head. It was a guy, maybe 1 or 2 years older than me with light brown hair and sparkling auburn eyes. He also had a slit in his eyebrow. Trend? I don't know.

"Hey." I greeted back, blushing slightly. He smiled at me, more of a smirk actually.

"I'm Charlie." He introduced, holding out his hand.

"Meghan." I smiled back. I don't know who this guy is but you can never be too safe.

"Oh, I'm - erm - I'm new to Nantucket high, figured you go there too since there's only like 3 high schools in the island and this is the closest one to where we are right now ..."

"It's fine" I grinned, "I do go to Nauset Regional High School."

"In meant to be getting the school bus, I don't know what time they come though. Clearly, not this time."

I chuckled, "No, they come at 8:30."

"Ah." We talked for another couple minutes before the bus came to our stop and we took seats next to each other. We talked for even longer this time, the ride to school being 10 minutes. "I'm glad I made a friend." Charlie spoke, "I didn't think I'd make any friends. So, it's nice." He shrugged. I smiled.

"Yeah, I guess it is nice." I agreed.

After that we spoke for another few minutes, about nothing much really. Busying ourselves with nothing. Huh. When we arrived at school I had to run to my locker to get my books and then run to my first class, which was math. After that, the day passed quickly, nothing much happening. I went to the music area to wait for my dad to finish up. Wait, why didn't he wake me up and give me a ride to school?! Oh well.
I entered the music room and heard the piano being played.

"I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away."

Damn he's good.

"Come along with me and don't be scared
I just wanna set you free
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon
You and me can make it anywhere
For now, we can stay here for a while
Cause you know, I just wanna see you smile

No matter where you go
You know you're not alone."

Like, really, really good. I know I should interrupt him, but I can't. I just want to listen to him sing.

"I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away."

On the next chorus I might join in and scare the crap outta him. Sorry Charlie.

"And when you're weak I'll be strong
I'm gonna keep holding on
Now don't you worry, it won't be long
Darling, and when you feel like hope is gone
Just run into my arms"

This is it. I'm going to sing the chorus. Should I? I don't normally sing all that much in front of other people. My dad, my mom and my brothers, Ryan and Justin. On the odd occasion my best friends Emmy and Ashley. Rarely though. Oh fuck it. Why not? He seems nice enough. So, we sang the last chorus together.

"I'm only one call away

I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one, I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away."

He turned to me, the largest grin on his features, lighting up his eyes. There is no way in hell I'm falling for a guy this fast. Or is there.

"You're really good at that."

"Thanks." I could feel my cheeks flaming.

"Would you stop blushing." He smiled, bringing his fingers up to caress my cheek. Oh. My. God. "But you look really cute when you do." He added on the end. I just blushed more and he got real close to my ears, so close I could feel his hot breath fanning across my neck and face, causing me to shiver. "I think you're really cute." Then he leaned in, our lips just millimeters apart, but not yet touching. Then he pressed his lips against mine passionately and I was driven backwards into the wall. He nibbled at my bottom lip, begging for entry, which I allowed and then he muttered "jump" which I did. We were midway through a heated make out session and damn was it good. But, we didn't count my dad, you know, a teacher at the school. Who walked in. He walked in on his daughter making out with a guy, her legs wrapped around his waist. He walked in on that.

In other words, I'm fucked.

A/N: Hey, I know, what an ending. But it's like 1am and I have school tomorrow so the ending is really rushed. Kay, night.
~Faye x