Heart to heart

I woke up early the next morning as my little Christmas pudding was kicking away early. I couldn't get back to sleep so I finished the last bit of packing and went downstairs for breakfast.
Alexa was sitting on the sofa reading her book
"Can't sleep?" I said as I reached the bottom of the stairs.
"You scared me, yeah I couldn't sleep, what about you?" she said.
"This little Christmas pudding was kicking away early and I'm too excited to move" I said as I stroked my stomach and sat down.
"Eleiyah, you won't forget about me when you move will you?"
"Hey of course not, how could I forget about my baby sister?"
"Do you remember when Carmel and Mercedes left when I was 11?"
"Yeah"
"And every night I would lie in your bed and we would stay prayers for them to come home?"
"Yeah"
"When you finished school and went on that holiday, I used to say those same prayers because I was so scared that you wouldn't come home."
"Hey hey come here" I said as I pulled her into a hug.
"I will never forget about you," I pulled away "just because I am moving out it doesn't mean you can't come and see me and I mean my little girl will need her best auntie with her. Also I was wondering if you would do something for me?"
"What is it?"
"Well when we get our little girl christened would you be her godmother?"
"Yeah of course I would love to"
"Good now I need your help today, don't I? With this little one dragging me down and Nathan not letting me lift a finger, I can't do anything. Ok?"
"Yeah cool what are you moving in today?"
"Well the furniture and most of Nathan's stuff is already there, today we are moving in my stuff and on Friday, Christmas pudding's stuff is coming for her nursery."
"Sounds good, I better go get dressed"
"Yeah same" I said as I slowly made my way upstairs.