Competition

It was the day of out competition. in the morning, I woke up at 7:30am and woke Alexa up too. I went in the shower while Alexa had breakfast and when I got out I put on a simple black leotard and leggings and our team jacket. I left my hair down and wet while I went to get breakfast.
When I was downstairs, Theresa was sitting at the kitchen table holding Myra-P and feeding her a bottle of milk. Kathleen-Angel was sat at the table slowly eating her cereal. I spread my chocolate spread into two pieces of white bread and made a sandwich before grabbing a plate and sitting down next to Theresa to eat it. Alexa had gone upstairs to get ready as well and not long after, John Paul came down with Matthew. Matthew sat down and John-Paul handed him his juice cup. he sipped while I finished my breakfast and I placed my plate in the sink. I headed upstairs to find Alexa nearly ready and Carmel and Mercedes getting up. Jacqui wasn't in the room so I presumed she was in the shower. I put Alexa's hair into a bun using a lot of hairspray and packed her things into her dance bag and our make up box. I put my hair up too and put on my shoes. Alexa took her bag and the make up box downstairs. Carmel went down and was ready too. I packed my final things in my dance bag before heading downstairs too.

We left the house and got into Carmel's car. We piled out stuff into the boot and got in. we drove to the dance company, where our teacher was standing outside, next to the coach. We got our stuff from the car and piled it onto the bottom of the bus. we got on.

We arrived at the competition about an hour later. we made our way into the competition which was being held in a theatre. we went into the dressing room and while I started to do Alexa's make-up, Carmel got our costumes ready. I finished Alexa's make up and did mine. I put on my costume and did our hair. I was ready. I marked out my solo and put on my team jacket. then we left the dressing room. Alexa had a solo too, she was on before me. I held her hands in mine and said "do it for Carmel and Mercedes and Tina and Jacqui and all of our sisters and John Paul. ok? Good luck, I love you more than anything" I kissed her forehead and we did our handshake. we kissed our hands and touched the floor. they called "Alexa McQueen performing Take that" Alexa walked on stage and the crowd roared.

When she was finished she ran off into my arms, "I am so proud of you" I said as I embraced her. We watched the next few pieces before it was my turn. I took off my jacket and handed it to Alexa. I hugged her, did our hand shake kissed my hand and touched the floor just as they called "Eleiyah McQueen performing we don't have to take our clothes off" I stepped out into the stage and performed my solo beautifully not forgetting a step and getting every trick right. I stepped off the stage and I knew that I had done my best. I hugged Alexa and we went back to the dressing room.

We performed group then I performed my duet and Alexa performed her trio. Then it was the awards. Our company sat on the stage together. they started with junior duet/trios. "and in first place act 18, Alexa McQueen, Georgina Smith and Lily Mitchell!" I smiled and Alexa and her friends jumped up and collected their award.

Our group won first and my duet got first in the senior category and Alexa and I both got first with our solos.
We went home with Carmel and celebrated that night with our family and had fish and chips.