What?

The next morning, Mercedes got up early and made me breakfast, which she never did. When Alexa and Carmel had gone downstairs, Mercedes came and sat on my bed. "I am gonna go and see Joe today" she said and I nodded. "will you come with me?" "Of course I will"

We got dressed and ready to go out. Downstairs reenie and Porsche were arguing again. We left and quickly went to the hospital. Mercy was excited, which recently was a rare thing. She was talking about her being a Mum and  Joe and the baby. She didn't stop talking the whole way there. I could see the excitement in her eyes. This was the best thing that could happen to her.

We arrived at the hospital and went straight to Joe's room. We both walked in and Joe looked slightly shocked. "Mercedes" he said nervously, at last Mercedes stopped talking. But Joe looked serious while Mercedes was still beaming with happiness. "Mercedes I've been thinking about" "about what Joe? About the baby? Cos I have to" " I don't think you should have the baby. I think you should have an abortion." My face dropped and I turned to Mercedes. She looked like she was about to burst into tears. She grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the room. She stormed all the way out of the hospital. We reached the front door when I couldn't keep up anymore, I pulled my arm away from her and stopped.
"Mercedes, Mercedes" I shouted at first she continued to walk, but after I shouted her name a second time, she stopped and turned around sharply. "What? He doesn't want it. He doesn't want the baby. And Eleiyah I can't do this on my own. I can't bring up a kid on my own, I mean look what happened with Bobby. I am not doing that again." She shouted back at me. I walked over to her and held onto her arm. "Bobby was different and you know that, Mercedes please don't do this because I know that you don't 100% want to. If you did you wouldn't of given it a second thought. Don't do this please Mercedes" I said but she didn't reply. "Let's go home"

We walked home in silence apart from Mercedes' odd remark about someone's clothes.