Telling Joe

The next day, after school, we had a small party in the dog, to celebrate Phoebe's life. I sat at the bar with Mercedes, Carmel and Alexa. we talked about Phoebe and laughed about stuff she did. Mercedes went to the bathroom and I followed her. "You ok?" I asked her, she nodded and said "I am gonna go and tell joe, would you come with me?" "Of course, I will. what we gonna the others?" "I don't know just grab your bag and we'll go." She said, so I left the bathroom and grabbed my bag. Mercedes followed behind me and we left out the door, and walked to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital to find Celine standing at reception. Mercedes was walking in front of me and she suddenly stopped. "Celine's here" she said "so? Just tell your visiting joe as a friend if she asks." I suggested. "how come I didn't think of that?" She asked me sarcastically "cos I'm so clever" I replied as we walked around the corner. as we reached the desk Celine turned away from us and we ran past.

We reached a door, Mercedes looked through the window. "it's this one" she said before taking a deep breath. "you can do it Mercedes, for Bobby, for me, for Alexa. now go in there and tell joe about YOUR BABY," I said to her. she took another deep breath and walked into Joe's room.

I don't know what Mercedes said to joe, I don't know how she told him. But she seemed happy when she came out. she pushed the door open and hugged me tight. when she let go and pulled away, I said "well?" She smiled and grabbed my arm. "I'll tell you on the way home." she said and we walked home.

We reached the outside of the hospital and I said "so?" " Well he is excited, I guess, he wants to have my baby"