What we're feeling right now is wrong

Chapter Seven

Bella

I've been in the hospital since last night at 9 pm and now it's 10 am. I was tired and hungry but I didn't want to just leave my cousin here all alone. My aunt has to be at school because she works there and it's her responsibility to stay there. She tried to convince me to go to school because after surgery Melissa told us that Lydia will be just fine but I was still worried. I could have saved her I could have done something to stop her from getting hurt but I didn't.

Lydia may be older then me by about two and a half years but that still doesn't mean that I can't worry and be protective over her. She doesn't know how to fight at all. The only thing she has are voices in her head. I know how it feels to have voices in your head because I'm also a Banshee. Well, at least I thought I was. I'm not even sure if I'm some kind of hybrid or something but I'm something. Something very strange and out of the ordinary.

Currently I am sitting in the most uncomfortable chair ever in the main room because Parrish wanted to talk to Lydia and there's only 1 allowed in the room at a time. I sloppily grabbed a magazine from beside me and read the cover.

Pornography

I widened my eyes and threw the magazine back onto the table beside me. I looked over at it again to see that it wasn't titled that.

Photography

Oh.

"Bella." I heard a familiar voice call my name causing me to stand up and turn around to see Liam standing by himself with a worried look.

"Yea?"

"This might not be the best time but I was wondering if you still wanted to go on that date...? It's totally fine if you don't want to though." He stammered and he actually made me smile. It wasn't a big smile but it was still a smile.

"I'm just going to check on Lydia real quick." I tell him and left to go into her room.

When I found her room I knocked it to have Parrish open the door.

"Can I talk to Lydia real quick?" I asked him and he nodded walking out of the room for me to get in.

"Hey, what's up?" Lydia asked smiling at me as she sat up from her bed as I closed the door then walked towards her with a smile on my face as well.

"I just came in to see if you were okay." I tell her and she scooted over, patting the spot next to her so I hesitantly got on the bed as she wrapped an arm around me.

"You don't have to worry about me, Bells.
I'm never leaving you." Lydia tells me and I looked at her my eyes all glossy.

"I was scared. I was scared that I was going to lose you, Lyds. I didn't know how Stella felt when she lost Allison before but I felt her pain for a split second when I saw you fall to the ground with blood gushing out of you fast. You could have died, Lydia. I'm going to worry about you regardless of what you say. Because I love you so much and I can't even think of losing you." I tell her and she frowned as she stroked my hair in a motherly way.

"I'm not going to leave you." She tells me and I totally forgot about the date with Liam. So, when I did remember I sat up and looked at her.