Chapter 28 ~ The S-Class Trials Initiate

Yes I know you are excited, it's obvious. The look on your face just shows it. If you were trying to hide it, you FAILED! I know, it's hard to hear, but I only speak of the truth...........maybe.

I HAVE RETURNED!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!! 

Yes it is me, the narrator that can throw shade at the all mighty Jade Dragneel and survive. Yes I have all the power! I will rule the world with my awesomeness! But before that, I have to narrate this story. How else am I going to earn enough money to rule the world. Duh. 0-0

Jade: What was that?????

Narrator: What you're here??? NOO That can't be!

Jade: FIRE BLAST!!!!

Narrator: NOOOOooooooo...o......ooo.....oo.......

IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

Jade's POV~

"Finally that idiots dad." I say with a sigh of relief after killing that stupid narrator. "What was that, Jade?" Cana asks beside me. Forgetting she was there, I jump a bit. Once I recollect my cool, which Cana laughed at me for doing, which I gave her a glare for, I responded with, "Nothing?" I ask, unsure about her reaction.

"Sure, sure." Cana replys, not believing me but thinking that it wasn't that important. Which it wasn't. We continued to walk to Fairy Tail together. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you where or what we were doing. Sorry!

But as you already figured out, I am walking with Cana to Fairy Tail. Today is the day Master Makarov announced the participants of the S-class trial and if I am an S-class wizard. Sure on the outside, I'm cool and collected, acting as if this whole S-class thing doesn't matter to me. But on the inside, that is a whole nother story.

If you were a ghost and could travel through people and went inside me. You would see a little girl jumping for joy, like she just got a new puppy. I am so flipping excited!!! I can't wait till they tell me if I made it!!! Yay, yay, yay, ya- "Jade the do-"

"Smack!" Oww.... what was that? I thought while rubbing my forehead that just hit something hard.

"door..." Cana finished as I looked up to see the Fairy Tail guild's door. I look at it blankly, wondering how it got there and how it had the courage to start a fight with me. My blank face turned into an angry one as I punch the door straight on, making it fly directly at Natsu and Gray who were fighting as always.

I sigh, recomposing my cool and brushing off the dust from my clothes. I walk to the bar where Mira is happily cleaning glasses as she serves people. I plopped down onto the stool and rested my head on my arms. I was still exhausted from the fight with Gildarts.

"Hello Jade, can I get you anything?" Mira asked with her normal, sweet voice. I lift my face up and nod telling her I would want some sake. She smiles and goes to the back where the guild keeps the alcohol. She returns after a while with a bottle of sake, which she hands me. I pick it up and chug it all in one go, resting my head back on my arms when I finished. Mira laughed at me while she took away the bottle.

A few minutes past and Makarov with the S-class mages that are still here make their way to the stage. Everyone begins to crowd around the stage and I slowly lift my head up so that I can see what is going on. Makarov gathers everyone's attention and starts, "Newcomers might be confused onto why were here. So I shall tell you. Every year we hold the S-class wizard trails. If you can complete the trails you become a worthy S-class wizard. But before I announce the competitors in the trails, Gildarts will announce whether Jade has become a S-class wizard." Makarov finishes, stepping back as Gildarts comes forward.

The entire guild starts to cheer, excited about what is about to be said. I, myself smile as this is what I have been waiting for. And if I don't make it I will probably a competitor and will crush the exam. 

Everyone becomes silent as Gildarts clears his throat. They all stare in anticipation at what Gildarts will say. "Now as you all know, earlier Jade and I fought in an intense battle. And to say that the almighty Ember is not powerful would be like saying Zeref is the nicest person in Fiore. Jade exceeded my expectations, being able to hit me hard. It was the most fun I've had in a long time. So I have made my decision.............Jade Dragneel....." Gildarts pauses, everyone silent. I lift off my heels in anticipation as Gildarts takes longer than her should to tell us.

"You are now an S-class mage!" Gildarts shouts as the entire guild erupts in cheers. I grin like an idiot as I make my way to the stage. Erza nods at me, trying to act all superior, Mira gives me a hug and Gildarts pats my head, much to my annoyance.

Makarov makes his way back to the front of the stage. "Now I shall announce who will be competing. As always you get to choose a partner to compete with you. So competing this year is...."

"Natsu Dragneel."

"Gray Fullbuster."

"Levy McGarden."

"Cana Alberona."

"Mest Gyder."

"Elfman Strauss."

"Juvia Lockser."

"Freed Justine."

The entire guild cheers as the candidates find their partners to compete with. I give Cana a sad look, knowing what the trails mean to her. The rest of the day is spent with the entire guild partying for the special day tomorrow.

Cana pulls me to the side during the middle of the party and I give her a concerning look. "Jade I'm fine don't worry, I just need to talk to you." She says.

"Sure Cana, anything." I tell her.

"I'll be staying at Lucy's tonight, I'm going to tell her why I have to win. I also chose her as my partner." I smile at Cana and give her a hug.

"That's good, Lucy is a really good person. I know you'll be in good hands with me gone." I say with a cheeky grin but still show my compassion to Cana. She laughs at me.

"I was wondering who I should have take care of you." Cana tells me, still laughing. Her little statement earned a glare from me, but she continued. "Maybe Laxus should take care of you, ay." Cana wiggles her eyebrows at me. I blush at the comment. 'Why did I tell her?' I thought to myself in agony on why I told Cana about Laxus and I kissing.

"I'm going home." I said under my breath, still blushing. Cana laughed at me and said goodbye as I walked out of the guild. As I was walking home my mind kept coming to the subject of Laxus. Causing me to keep blushing.

Thanks Cana now I will be blushing forever. -_-

As I arrived home all I could think of was how excited I was to be apart of the S-Class trials.

But what I didn't know was that shit was going to be going down.......

And I would be at the center of it.......

_____________________________________________________

Heyyy People! Sorry it took a long time to write this chapter and it wasn't even that long. My apologies. But the S-Class trials are coming up and it's going to be soooo exciting. But sadly the end of the S-Class trials means the end of this book. But do not fret the next book will be coming fast after. :D Hope you enjoy!