Chapter 21 ~ Tiger And The Reason I Escaped

Jade's POV~

It's been a week since Laxus and I faught. He ended up getting kicked out of Fairy Tail and left. I don't really have an opinion on what happened. I just don't know what to think. Gajeel and Cana have been helping me a lot. Natsu has tried but gave up and just tries to make me laugh. He doesn't really understand other people's emotions. Especially mine, there very confusing.

I ended up not watching the festival. I guess I'm not as strong as I thought I was. I keep crying, it just won't stop. I always thought myself as this strong independent person who doesn't need anyone to survive. They were just there.

Well I know that is false. I can't do anything alone, I need Gajeel, Cana and Natsu. Without them I wouldn't survive. I really am weak.

But what about the years I was alone searching for Igneel? To tell the truth, I was only alone for a month. And it was hard. But during that time, I found a friend. His name was Tiger. He was a tiny little tiger, that could fly and speak. He was another Happy.

From the moment I found him, in an alley of a town, we became best friends. In that alley, I found Tiger searching for food. He was skinny and looked to be starving. As I approached him, he backed away, scared of me. It took some time but I assured him that I wasn't going to harm him. Once he believed me, I handed him a chicken wing leftover from my lunch.

He chowed down on it, not leaving even a fraction of meat behind. I laughed at his cuteness. He seemed to be confused and looked back up at me, seeing me smile. I don't know what happened to him, but he joined me. We spent the rest of the day laughing and eating fish. He reallyyyy loved fish.

We bonded really well. I told him what happened to me. It was adorable how his eyes sparkled when I told him about Igneel, a fire dragon. He made me show him my magic, which he loved. Like me his favourite color is blue. I just loved how he was so amazed by everything.

Tiger then told me about his past. It was filled with tragedy and tears. When Tiger was born, he was found by a sweet girl named, Mickey. She took great care of him, and her family loved Tiger. They gave him a home and a family. But then an animal snatcher found out about Tiger. And a talking and flying tiger is worth a lot of money.

When the snatcher came, he ended up killing Mickey and her family. But he didn't get Tiger, because of Micky, he was able to escape. And ever since then Tiger has be running and searching for food and home. That night that Tiger and I spent together all those years ago, we promised to always protect each other. Tiger definitely lived up to that promise.

After years of hanging out we became very close. We would do everything together, train, eat, sleep, and fight. Overtime Tiger actually learned how to transform into a battle form. We both learned swordplay together, it was amazing.

But all amazing things in my life come to an end. About a week before I met Gajeel, Tiger and I got into a fight. Which tore us apart. It was stupid now that I think about it. I was annoyed that I couldn't find Igneel and Tiger was annoyed that I was blaming him for it. The fight got so bad that, he left.

But sadly it was a mutual leave. We both agreed that we need time away from each other. To figure things out on our own. So Tiger left off in the distance, leaving me behind. That was the first time I cried since I met Tiger. Because back then there was no need to cry. Tiger and I were always so happy. But with everything that happened to me, I ruined it.

But I will always loved Tiger, and even now when he is gone, I will still love him.

The next time I saw Tiger............was the day I escaped. I don't know how he found me but he did. Locked away in a cell, being tortured away..........he found me. He rescued me from the hell hold. But with the cost of his life.

I don't know how he did it, but I woke up hearing battle cries. I looked from my cell and saw people fighting something, something strong. It was large and no matter who went up against it, they would all fall. Once the thing defeated everyone here, it came to my cell. I looked at its shadowed figure, wondering what it was, or who it was.

I heard the thing cry as it came closer, transforming into a tiny thing. Once it was close enough and stepped into the light I saw Tiger. He was standing there, his eyes full with tears as he looked at me. I couldn't help it either, I was crying as well. Tiger opened the cell and immediately hugged me. "It's okay Jade, I'm here you'll be okay." He said in a reassuring voice as I sobbed into him.

We were interrupted by yelling and footsteps. Tiger quickly got up, letting his wings out as he picked me up, pulling me out of this hell hold. When we were almost at the exit, we were surrounded by the filthy men, living here. Tiger started fighting them, protecting me. Until he got overwhelmed and was stabbed by one of them. I cried out his name as he fell to the ground clutching his wound. He transformed back into his normal version, not being able to keep it up.

I started crying as the men started approaching me, brushing past Tiger as if he wasn't there and never was. I was about to be attacked but Tiger came and picked me up, flying out of the exit as fast as he could. Then men followed behind shooting their magic at us. Tiger got pretty far until he got hit by magic being launched at us.

Tiger fell to the ground, me with him. I landed on the ground hard, rolling until I came to a stop. I felt all of the places I was tortured burst in pain. It was almost unbearable. But I stopped feeling it once I looked over to see Tiger lying on the ground, almost unlifely. I quickly got up, rushing to him. Putting the pain aside.

"TIGER NOOO!" I screamed at Tiger, picking him up in my hands. Tiger looked at me with heavy eyes. 

"Jade I love you and I want you to run, run as fast as you can, away from this place. Leave me. I'm going to die anyways. And I kept my promise, I saved you........" Tiger trailed off as I stopped hearing his faint heart beat.

Tears came rushing out of my eyes as I watch my best friend and partner die in my arms from protecting me. I set Tiger down and did as he told me. I ran as fast as I could away from that place. I found freedom and I will always thank Tiger for everything he has done for me.

I have never told anyone that story. No one even knows about Tiger. It was to personal and I hated crying in front of people.

Today is the anniversary of Tigers death. The day he died, saving me. I am now standing in front of his grave. After coming back to Phantom Lord I came back to where Tiger died, finding him exactly where I left him. I picked him up and buried him where Igneel, Natsu and I used to live. I buried him where we spent tons of memories when I brought him here. This was his favourite place.

I stand over his grave with his favourite flower in my hand. A tiger lily. It was probably because it had his name in it and it was the same color as him. I dropped the flower on his grave. I watched as they fell over where Tiger laid.

And I collapsed, I collapsed to the ground crying. It was my fault that he was dead. My fault that the purest of hearts had to leave this cruel world.

I feel as if this world just wants to get rid of me, but it can't. So it gets rid of everything I love. Puts me through pain because I did something or was going to. It was unfair.

I get up and start to walk back home. But I turn around and take another look at the grave, before leaving.

Thank you Tiger.............