Chapter 27 ~ Ember vs. Gildarts

Jade's POV~

*Yawn*.............*drop*............."JADE!" Cana screams, running over to my collapsed body. I pick up my hand and give her a thumbs up and try to stand up. I put my hand on the ground and try to push up but I don't go anywhere so I plop back onto the ground.

"Jade, are you alright?" Cana asks from above me. I lift up my head with all the strength I have and shake my head. I place my head back on the dirty ground and try to sleep. Cana laughs at me and picks me up, dragging me to the guild.

Okay time to break down what happened. Yesterday I fought Gildarts. Wow and you're still alive?? Yes I am, but I feel like I'm dead. My body is completely wiped out because of the strain on my body and magic energy. 

Now please don't freak out if you don't know how it went, that was the point. I'm going to tell you while Cana takes forever to bring me to the guild. I didn't know that she was that weak. I think to myself, smiling. Cana picks up on it and yells, "I'm not weak! You're just extremely heavy with all your stupid muscles." I laugh back at her, she gives me a pout and continues.

Now back to the amazing story that you wanted to hear all along. I'm sorry if my agony is not of your liking or top priority. It should be though. Hehe :)

Now a long long time ago (that was just yesterday) and in a far far away place (literally in the same town) a life changing, thrilling, anticipated fight took place. There was shock, excitement, fear all over the town. Everyone gathered in the battle ground next to the guild. From the townspeople, to the guild members, all the way to the tourists all came to watch the fight.

Now me, being me, couldn't fall asleep in anticipation for the fight. Cana, once again, had to use a sleep potion and I slept like a rock. Wait do rocks sleep? I think they do. No stupid, they're not living things. Oh so only rocks with faces drawn on them sleep, gotcha.

I ran all the way to the field, getting there before anyone else. I took that as my chance to train and practice my magic power control. My only hope of beating Gildarts is to have more control and power over my magic power. And that is exactly what I am going to do.

Next thing I knew hours passed and the field was beginning to be surround by people. Natsu ran over to me and gave me a hug. He kept telling me that I could beat him, and I love him for that. After a while of talking to Natsu I saw Gajeel come and ran over to him.

"Hey Gajeel! Are you ready to see me kick Gildarts butt?" I asked, my smile as big as Natsu's. Gajeel chuckled at me and patted me on my head. I pouted at him, but gave him a hug. "I've missed you." I tell him, burying my head into his chest. He does his famous 'geehee' and says the same, giving me a kiss on the forehead.

I see Gildarts enter the field ready to fight so I say a quick goodbye to Gajeel and walk over to Gildarts. "You ready kid?" Gildarts asks in a cocky voice. I give him a pissed 'are you kidding me' look and he laughs. "I'm just kidding. Are you ready, Ember?" He asks, emphasizing Ember. I smile at him and get into a fighting position.

Makarov walks to the center of the field and starts speaking but I didn't really listen to him. What, you surprised? I am Natsu's sister after all. We do have some similarities. I look to the crowd and see people betting on who is going to win. I smile at Cana and she gives me a thumbs up. I know she bid on Gildarts. Typical.

"Okay......let the match begin!" Makarov yells, running off of the field. I switch my brain into fight mode and stand waiting for him to make a move.

Third Person POV~

Jade and Gildarts stand still, the entire town of Magnolia is completely silent. Jade sprints off her feet towards Gildarts, who stays still. Once Jade is in front of Gildarts, Jade jumps performing a kick aimed at his face. Gildarts easily blocks it, but Jade uses that as a support to push off of as she kicks again. Gildarts blocks again with ease.