Chapter 20 ~ Jade vs. Laxus

Jade's POV~

I hear explosions, attacks, and magic flying everywhere. I smell Natsu, Gajeel and Laxus with the scent of anger. It's coming from Laxus. What happened to him while I was gone? What drove him to doing this?

As I continue running I pass more Fairy Tail members, they all seem like they had to fight each other to move on. Was this the plan I heard Laxus and his team talking about? If it is, he is sick. He is not the boy I left behind, loved. He is a monster, like his father. A shiver runs down my spine with just the mention of him. But I push on, ignoring the fear that corsed through my body.

I make it to the cathedral. I stand at the door, watching as Laxus strikes Natsu and Gajeel down to the ground. But they don't get up, they can't. Laxus laughs maniacally. "What weaklings, you shouldn't be apart of Fairy Tail! You're ruining the name!" Laxus shouts. Tears become present in my eyes.

But I do not just feel sad, betrayed. I feel rage. Laxus shouldn't say that. What gives him the right to? I am furious that he hurt the closest people to me. I know Cana is hurt too because of what he did. I shake in rage as the tears roll down my cheek.

My magic power activates, becoming strong. A blue aura appears around me as tiny rocks start to lift off the ground, along with my hair. Laxus notices the power, turning around he reveals a shocked expression. My eyes go dark in anger as I launch off the ground, towards the cause of my family's injuries.

"WHAT GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THIS?!?!?!" I shout as I fly, with fire behind my feet, towards Laxus. Laxus didn't and couldn't move. I turn mid air, kicking him square in the face, launching him to the wall, hard. I land swiftly on my feet, still shaking in rage.

Laxus gets up and smirks at me. "I guess you do live up to the title of Ember. This will be fun." Laxus says in a voice I don't remember. A magic circle appears at his fists, coating them in electricity. He launches himself at me, punching while I dodge. But as I dodge I feel myself drifting and something taking over. It distracts me so much that Laxus lands a hit directly on my face.

I fly backwards, doing a flip but land on the ground, sliding until I come to a stop. I touch my jaw, putting it back in place. Man he hits hard. Laxus smiles at me, but it isn't a happy smile. It's an evil smile. The same one his father wore when he tortured me.

Laxus takes a intake of breath. "Lighting Dragon Roar!" He screams as a magic circle appears, lightning shooting out of it. I lift my hand, focusing my magic and a blue lighting magic circle appears, blue lightning shooting out of it meeting his. The two lightning beams collide, creating a huge crack of sound. They push against each other until they both disappear.

Laxus looks at me in shock as blue lightning crackles around me. I smirk, this evil feeling taking over. I felt like killing him, I really did. But I knew it wasn't me, I almost never wanted to kill people. And especially not some I loved.

I feel myself corse with power. I get in a stance, fisting my hands as I feel all of my power. I smile, it just felt so good. All this power, it was almost overwhelming. "ZAP CANNON!" I scream, firing blue lighting at Laxus, hitting him straight on.

He flies back, screaming in pain. His scream snapped me out of whatever trance I was in. My power depleted, leaving no aura around me. The air felt more breathable as my magic energy didn't fill it. I stand in shock and look at the destruction I made. The Cathedral looked as if it was about to crumble to the ground.

I didn't and couldn't move. I felt as if I moved one step I would fall to the ground, unconscious. I here Laxus get up, he struggles but he gets up. "Why, why did you do this? Why?!" I ask feeling tears that previously evaporated come back.

Laxus loses all of the pain and shock on his face, being replaced with anger. "Fairy Tail became full of weaklings. I needed to become master to put the guild back on track. And force is the only way to do it." Laxus said full of anger, not regretting anything he did.

More tears fell down my face. "What made you do it this? To do it so ruthlessly." I asked trying to keep my anger under control and learn why he did this.

"You. You made me want to be ruthless, especially towards that metal freak. I LOVED YOU AND I STILL DO! But you just had to get with this loser. He doesn't deserve you!"

I stand in shock. He still loves me?

"But you don't love me anymore. You probably never loved me!" Laxus screamed in rage.

"I did love you. But now.................I can't." I choke out, full out crying. Laxus shaked in rage, I knew why. The one person he loved, loved him. But now they can't. I looked up from staring at the ground, hiding my tears.

I showed him I was crying and he was too. There were tears in his eyes, one feel from his cheek. I can't imagine what is happening to him right now.

"WHY NOT!" He yelled. I didn't want to tell him why, I still don't. But he deserves to know.

"BECAUSE IT'S KIND OF HARD TO LOVE A MAN WHEN HIS FATHER TORTURED YOU FOR 8 MONTHS!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Letting everything out.

Laxus dropped to his knees in shock, but I don't know what else happened because I ran straight out. Running as fast as I could, tears falling and my hair flying in the wind. I ran straight to where I would go every time I felt sad. It was a cave that Laxus showed me when I was nine.

Once I reached it, I collapsed on the ground. Hugging my knees as I cried my eyes out. It was too much, too much stuff I couldn't handle.

I didn't deserve this.........................

Igneel I need you...........

Laxus' POV~

"I did love you. But now.................I can't." Jade said. She did love me, but she couldn't anymore. Why the fuck not? I started to shake in rage, I felt a tear drop down my cheek as Jade lifted hers. Showing me that she was crying as well.

"WHY NOT!" I screamed. Jade looked in denial about telling me. And if she didn't, I would have done anything to her, just for her to tell me. I need to know why she can't love me.

"BECAUSE IT'S KIND OF HARD TO LOVE A MAN WHEN HIS FATHER TORTURED YOU FOR 8 MONTHS!" Jade screamed at the top of her lungs.

My dad.............was the one who..........tortured her?

No...........no no no no!

I fell to my knees in shock. Why would he do that? I ask myself looking at the ground. I hear footsteps and look up to see Jade taking off. I lose it, I lose all control I had. I feel myself shake as tears pour out of eyes.

I put my hands on my face, crying.

"NO!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs, letting everything out. Collapsing to the ground, crying.

Why dad, why?

Why did you torture the love of my life?

Jade didn't deserve this...................