Chapter 13: Lucy Heartfilia

It's been two years since I returned home and learnt the value of life from the most adorable girl Wendy. In that time I have moved in with Gajeel, ever since I almost lost my life we have become more serious. I haven't gone on a job ever since. Even though my brave and fighting nature has returned.........I'm scared.

To be honest, I'm terrified. I never want to relive what happened. I bet if I saw Ivan I would be more scared than I would be if I fought Zeref or Acnologia. I don't carry my sword anymore. I have had a bad history with blades. I can still perfectly use it but everytime I hold it my mind gets flooded with memories of Ivan cutting me.

Since coming back I have started going more casual, my dark purple hair is shorter, around medium length. I wear a black t-shirt with black shorts and a big comfortable coat. I also have black stockings and my combat boots. Fabulous, I know B]

Today was the day I would go on my first job in 2 years. I'm 19 and I should take a job, it has been hard on Gajeel. And him being on jobs a lot to get us money, has meant that I won't be able to see him that often. So I'm taking a job, it's easy and would last around one day. It was to go to the town, Hargeon, and stop some thieves. Gajeel wanted me to go on a job, so I can get out there and get my confidence back but he doesn't want me to take something that hard. So he picked out this one for me. I'm excited.

I left the guild with a kiss from Gajeel and a hug from Juvia. I walked to the train station, quickly getting on one to Hargeon.

I arrive and walk to the owner of the request. They tell me that the thieves will come at noon, like always, and steal something. They want me to chase after them and stop them. Easy enough. I wait at the back of the store, carefully watching as they steal some pretty expensive items.

Once they leave I bolt after them, they notice quick and sprint away, but with me close behind. I follow them until they run into a forest. The thieves then take a break so that they can their breath and I use that as my chance to attack. A magic circle appears at each of my hands. Blue fire comes out, setting the trees to fire. The fire surrounds the thieves. They look back to see me.

They flinch..........

"Y-y-your E-ember!" One of them say, stuttering in fear. I smirk, oh how I have missed this. I run at them, they get into defensive stances. I use one of my spells without saying what it's called, I know I'm that powerful. Blue fire comes out of my hands heading straight for them. Someone blocks it using water magic. I smirk.

"Your attacks won't work on me! I am a water mage!" One guy says, but I can still sense the fear, I smile as he uses one of his attacks, water goes everywhere soaking everybody but me. Once the water touched me, it evaporated. Once the steam disappeared I smirked. The thief was kind of surprised that I wasn't even a little bit wet.

"You do realize you're soaking wet." I tell them, they nod their heads, kind of confused as to why I pointed it out. I smirk having blue lightning crack around me, their faces completely drop as they know what happens with electricity and water.

"Shock wave!" I yell, blue lightning going straight towards them, electrocuting them. They scream and I retrieve the stolen items and return them to their owner, collecting my reward along the way. Oh man did I miss doing jobs. There is this thrive and adrenalin rush that I have missed. I have trained and fought a lot but there is just something more thrilling about it on a job.

Once I made it back to Phantom Lord I realised that Gajeel , Juvia and Sol weren't here. As I entered Totomaru asked me to go to the Master's room. I hope I didn't do anything wrong. I walked into the room and he told me to take a seat. I took one of course. Well I didn't take the seat and leave, putting it in my house. I sat down. Okay the confusion is out of the way.

"Ember, I'm going to need you to watch over a blonde girl in the tower towards the east." Master Jose asks.

"Why is there a girl in the tower?" I asked kind of confused as in why we have a girl in our tower.

"Her father has paid us to capture her and send her back home. She is a run away." He told me I nodded my head and got up, about to leave. "Oh and Ember, please leave the tower at four and return to the guild, they'll need your help."

"Yes sir." I said leaving his office and heading towards the tower, still confused on why they would need my help. Help with what? I kept asking myself. On my way out of the guild I saw Gajeel. "Hey Gajeel." I said walking over to him. He smiled, the smile I love. "Hey Jade." He kissed me and gave me a hug. "How was the job?" He asked.

"Easy and fun." I told him, he let out a geehee and got all serious. "Jade I want you to know that what I did was not my want. But the masters, so once you find out......please forgive me. I will always be on your side and love you." Gajeel said while stroking my cheek. My confused face came back as I tilted my head to the side in confusion. Gajeel kissed my forehead and said goodbye as he walked into the guild. What was that about?

I kept walking towards the tower, arriving shortly after. I wish he told me where the girl was in the tower. It is one big tower. I entered the thing checking every cell until I reached the one with one exit. I walked in to see an unconscious blonde laying on the floor.

I looked her over and she was pretty attractive. I walked to her left side and saw her hand, it had a Fairy Tail mark. Oh shit. We are in trouble. The blonde started to stir in her sleep until her eyes gently opened. She got up slightly and saw me. "Where am I?" She asked.

"Oh you're in a tower." I told her being short to annoy her. I don't know what it was but she just seemed like a fun person to annoy.

"Why am I here?" She asked fully sitting up, I sat in front of her. "My master said something about your father paying us to give you to him." I watched as the blondes face immediately turned into shock and fear. "NO! No, I will never go back to that pig!" She yelled, it kind of took me by surprise. I asked why and she explained why. This poor girl, I also learnt that her name is Lucy....Heartfilia. It made sense that Lucy's father could pay for this.

"You never told me your name, what is it."

"Do you know Natsu Dragneel?" I asked her.

"Yeah, he was the one who brought me to Fairy Tail." She told me I smiled, he did good.

"Natsu was always good at getting good people to join Fairy Tail." I told her and she blushed at the complement. "Wait, you know Natsu?"

"Yeah, he's my little bro. I'm Jade Dragneel." I told her. Her face went to complete shock.

"You're Natsu's sister! I never knew Natsu had a sister. But you look so pretty and smart, how can you be related to him? And why aren't you in Fairy Tail then." Lucy rambled.

"Yes I am his sister and thank you for the compliments. I have no idea how I'm his sister, he really is an idiot. I guess he hasn't changed. Well I used to be in Fairy Tail, I left nine years ago." I answered all her questions.

Lucy nodded and I looked at the clock, it's almost four. "Hey Lucy, I have to leave soon. I think the master is going to speak to you. I will tell Natsu where you are so he can save you. And after this, I'll help you guys take down Phantom Lord. I don't want to be apart of a guild that does this to people." I tell her standing up, about to leave.

"Wait! After all of this, please join Fairy Tail again." Lucy pleaded and I smiled. She sure is sweet."Maybe." I said before jumping out of the tower, landing perfectly and running towards the guild. Trying to get there before Fairy Tail.

As I enter the guild from the back entrance and walk up to the balcony I smell something. Something I haven't smelt in a loooong time, Natsu.......

"PHANTOM LORD!!!!" I heard Natsu yell. There stood Fairy Tail behind him. Erza, Gray, Cana, Maco, Wakaba, and Loke. They were all there.

It's good to see you guys again..........