Chapter 22 ~ Vacation PART: 1

Jade's POV~

I have realized that I am weak. Not physically but mentally. Sure I could easily kick Erza's ass but I can't take anything emotionally. I want to change that. I want to be strong in both ways, and to not always be the one that needs to be conforted. I don't want to cry.

So I have decided to cut my hair, be a new person. It is now fairly short and I like it that way. I feel free. And I don't have to wash it or brush it as much, win win.

I also decided that I want to be connected with my emotions and to train my emotions. To do that I need to be alone, I need to do this alone. I want to live on my own for a while and learn to not fall back on my friends. I decided to go on a vacation! 

I will be travelling by myself and exploring the world. I talked to Gajeel about it and he agreed with me. He understands that I hate feeling weak and I love him for it. But I'm a little worried about our relationship. Gajeel and Levy have started to get really close. I love Levy don't get me wrong, but I'm scared that she is better for Gajeel than me. No, I know she is better. I just want him to be happy, I'll talk about it with him when I get back.

I just finishing packing my things into my bag and flung it onto my shoulder. I took a deep breath and walked out of the house I owned with Gajeel. I walked down the streets of Magnolia to Fairy Tail. I already told everyone what I was doing. Cana engorged it but Natsu didn't want me to leave. It was sweet.

I stepped through the doors of Fairy Tail and made my way to the bar where I ordered a oreo milkshake from Mira. Once Mira handed it to me I made my way to Natsu, sipping my drink. "Hey Natsu, I'm going to leave soon."

Natsu's head turned to the direction of my voice. He smiled at me but I could tell he was feeling sad inside. I walked to his table where team Natsu was sitting. I gave Natsu a hug after putting my drink down. "It's okay Natsu, it will only be for a short while. I'm coming back, don't worry. When I come back, let's fight!" I say to Natsu, looking in his beautiful eyes that remind me of our dad's.

"Yes! I'm all fired up!" Natsu said fist bumping the air.

"Shut up flame brain!" Gray said with a sour face, like the one he had when we first joined. Ah memories :)

"What did you say, Ice princess?!?" Natsu yelled back. Here we go again -_-

"Erza......" I complained, not in the mood of doing it myself. She nodded and then told Natsu and Gray to stop fighting. She concluded it with smashing their heads together. I giggled and took a seat next to Lucy and started to continue drinking my milkshake. Yummy! :D

"Jade, if you don't mind I would like to also fight you, once you return. I think it would be interesting to compare our strength." Erza said sitting down in front of me. I nod and say that it is a great idea. That would be so awesome to fight Titania after all these years. I'm so pumped.

Gray and Natsu recovered from the head smashing. Natsu sat next to Erza while Gray sat next to me. Before I left I had to tell him something, not really tell but suggest maybe. I don't think this english thing is working for me. I should learn French! Wait I am! Bonjour~

I turn my head to Gray and smile. "Gray I have to tell you something." Gray nodes and I lean close to his ear, I whisper, "Juvia is a really nice, I know you like her. Make a move before she is stolen." I move away and smile at his blushing face. "Psh....I don't like her." I laugh at him and he blushes more.

I notice Gajeel walk through the door and I say my goodbyes to them and walk over to Gajeel. I give him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "You leaving now, Jade?" He asked, looking into my eyes. I nod, "Yes but I wanted to say goodbye to you before I left." Gajeel nodded back and picked me up bridal style and started walking towards the train station, while kissing me.

We pull away and I look behind him, "By everyone! See you soon!" I say while everyone cheers. I look back at Gajeel as he continues to walk. He notices me staring and moves his gaze to me, "Geehee" He went, I smiled at his signature line. "What did I do to deserve you?" He asked staring into my green eyes, that he loves. I giggled at his cute romantic side that no one knows about but me.

"That's a good question, Gajeel Redfox. But I want you to know that if you ever feel like you want to be with someone else. I'm fine with that, I just want you to be happy." I tell him. He looks at me strangely, "Where did that come from?" He asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"No where, I just wanted you to know." I tell him, he nods in response and continues walking to the station. Once he gets there he sets me down on my feet. He gives me a long but slow passionate kiss that I love. After the kiss I never wanted to end, ends, I board the train. Leaving to become stronger. Time for a vacation!

It's been a month since that happened~

In that month I trained a lot, mentally and physically. I also travel a lot of Fiore. I never knew that the country I lived in was so beautiful. I guess when your mind is set on finding someone you don't notice the beauty around you. Strange.

It's been a nice month. I haven't had to lean on anybody, I have done everything myself. It feels nice. I do get lonely at times but that doesn't really matter. I have learned how to cook some pretty nice things. For money, instead of doing a job, I worked at restaurants. It was a lot of fun! Who knew?

Right now I'm walking through the beautiful town called...............shit what was it called? Uhhhhhh... I know this, just give me a second. Ding! Oh yeah it's called Florania (made that up on the spot) Right now they're having a huge festival to celebrate the blooming of flowers.

I walk in awe as I look at all the flowers that decorate the streets. It was absolutely beautiful, no lie there. I continue down the streets, looking for a place to eat. I was hungry okay.

I sense some electricity, probably someone creating static electricity on accident. I find a nice place to eat and walk into the restaurant. A nice looking waiter leads me to a table next to a blonde man. I sit down and pick up the menu. I look through the menu and decide to sniff the air to see what they were making right now and if it smelt any good.

As I smelt the air, I smelt something familiar. No it couldn't be. I turn to the blonde man and see that he is wearing a purple button down shirt with black pants and a big coat on his chair. I stare in shock as he turns a bit to reveal a lightning scar along one of his eyes.

"Laxus?!?!?"