How to keep your Hair Brush clean

Cleaning your hairbrush, is an often-overlooked task. But it shouldn't be! Most people brush their hair at least once a day, and that hairbrush comes in contact with greasy hair follicles, dust particles and as much product buildup as you have in your hair. Just think about brushing your freshly washed hair with a hairbrush that has been collecting dirt and grime for weeks! Not only will a clean hairbrush keep your hair clean longer, but it will also extend the life of your brush. The process is quick and easy, so aim to give your brush a bath about every other week.

-Rake through the bristles using a comb, your fingers or a toothpick to remove as much of the old hair that is trapped in the bristles as you can. If your brush has collected a substantial amount of hair, you can take a scissors and cut the hair down the middle. Just be careful not to cut any bristles! This will make removing the hair a bit easier.

-Fill your sink up with warm water and add a few drops of clarifying shampoo. If your brush is plastic, soak it for about three minutes. If your brush has a fabric cushion head, do not submerge it in the water. Instead, dip it in the water a few times.

-After soaking, any remaining hair in the brush will be softened, so try to clean through the bristles once more. Then give the brush one final rinse in lukewarm water.

-To dry the brush, first towel it off then lay it flat with the bristle end hanging over the sink or on a towel. This way, the excess water can drip out and won't get trapped in the base. And your brush will be good as new in the morning! If you can't wait until morning, a hair dryer will speed up the drying time too.

And once a month (or for a very dirty brush!), after rinsing or soaking, you can use a clean toothbrush with shampoo on it to scrub the bristles. Then rinse and dry as usual.

Do you clean your hairbrushes regularly? What method do you use?

Let me know in the comments section!

5 votes for the next update.

PS- I'm trying out different writing styles let me know which ones you like!

Don't forget to Comment, Fan and Vote! :)

Palistha