Chapter 20 *Jack*

• Dedicated to All the Single Pringles

A/N In this chapter we mention the VMA’s. We know they are not held at this time, but we needed them for this part of the story.

Cari and Sydney, xx

Chapter 20

*Jack’s POV*

Two months ago today, Simon Cowell signed us to Syco Industries’ record label. Today, we have officially recorded one album and are about to go to the VMA’s in America with the boys to promote the tour and ourselves. The VMA’s are Saturday and today we are flying to America to get there in time. We will perform with One Direction on stage and I am genuinely excited. Niall asked me to go with him and Alfie was invited by Liam. Did I mention they are dating now?

_F L A S H B A C K_

*Alfie’s POV*

I walked in to the flat with a smiling Liam perched on the couch, obviously waiting for my arrival. He walked over to me and picked up my hand.

“Hey, I was wondering if maybe you would like to go on a picnic with me? I know a beautiful spot by the lake.” Liam asked. I nodded and headed back out the door.

We drove to this gorgeous spot on the lake. The grass was very green and the trees had pink and red flowers blooming like crazy. He laid out a blanket and set down a picnic basket full of food.

We just talked for a while, trying to throw grapes in each other’s mouths until he stopped and looked me in the eyes with a serious expression. “Alison, I need to tell you something,” he began and I nodded for him to continue.

“I really have feelings for you. I have for a while. I didn’t know if I would find another girl after Danielle but then you walked in to my life. I will never regret walking in to Starbuck’s that day. I guess what I’m trying to say is, will you be my girlfriend?” I didn’t answer, just crashed my lips into his soft pink ones. We kissed for several seconds, me holding on to him for dear life and him doing the same. We finally had to let go for oxygen purposes. We then walked back to the car. Jack was staying at her sister’s—who also lived in London—and so I called her and gave her every single detail of the best night of my life.

_F L A S H B A C K  O V E R_

*Jack’s POV*

I couldn’t help but smile at that thought. I was hoping Niall would ask me out and for a while he seemed like he would. He has been a bit more distant lately, but he still asked me to be his date to the VMA’s. Nobody knew Alison and Liam were dating but that may change after Sunday. If anybody asks about Niall and me, we will just tell them we are friends.

Friends. Why doesn’t that sound good enough to me?

*Sunday Night, 3 Hours Before the VMA’s*

I had just gotten my nails painted a midnight blue with sparkly white flowers for the VMA’s. They were tonight and we had to be there and hour early to walk down the red carpet for interviews and pictures. I styled my newly-cut hair into a wavy bob. Yes, I cut my long hair into a bob. I pulled some of it back in a sparkly clip.

 I put on my white, sleeveless dress with sparkles at the neckline. It cinched at my waist with a belt and appeared on the actual part of the dress that it had been folded and stayed like that. It was just above my knees. I also wore a pair on white open-toed heels with silver jewels on the front that went perfectly with my dress. Along with a silver ring covered in big diamonds, I looked pretty good.

On my face I used foundation, concealer, mascara, eye liner, dark pink lipstick, and blush. This was quite the array since I normally didn’t wear much makeup.

I used the same products on Alfie’s face. She was wearing a creamsicle orange dress. It had sparkles on it and the belt that cinched at her waist had a row of diamonds. It had ruffles on the bottom part of the skirt of it. I curled her long hair to perfection and French braided a headband in her hair. I used a hairspray with sparkles in it to finish her super cute ‘do.

We got in the limo to ride to the place where the award ceremony was held. We stepped out of the car. Louis was holding Eleanor’s hand, Zayn was holding Perrie’s hand (we met Little Mix and Eleanor. They are lovely girls.),  Liam was holding Alison’s hand, and Harry was holding his date’s—his sister Gemma who agreed to go so he wouldn’t look lonely—hand. I grabbed Niall’s hand but he immediately let go.

“Niall, everybody else is holding hands. Maybe we should too.” I pondered and he shook his head. “Why not?” I asked. “I just, don’t think it’s a good idea since we aren’t dating.” He answered. “Um, Harry and Gemma are brother and sister and they are holding hands,” I gestured to the two goofy sibling poking each other just to be annoying. “I just, don’t think it’s a good idea.”

“Niall, please? I really like you and I kind of want to hold your hand so, please?” I begged, not realizing I had just told him I like him. Then it hit me. Nice one, Jacklyn. Now he knows! I mentally scolded myself as he gave me a strange look. His eyes were unreadable.

“Jacklyn, I’m sorry but—uhh,” he pulled at his collar awkwardly. “I don’t return those feelings. I’m actually dating a girl that is back in Ireland and so I can’t return those feelings.” He admitted. My mouth formed a perfect “O”. “Why didn’t you tell me, Niall? I thought we were friends.” I demanded. “I didn’t want to hurt your feelings.” He shrugged. I felt my temperature rise. My blood was literally boiling and I just wanted to scream.

“Didn’t want to hurt my feelings? What are you, 5?” I retorted. We had just been dropped off at the venue, so we weren’t on the carpet yet, but the driver had left so I couldn’t be taken home. I used my heel to stop on Niall’s foot before making my way to the back of the building. I put my back against the brick wall and slid down before slumping on the cold, hard ground.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\The Ultimate Gift!/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hellooo everybody! Sydney and Cari here! Did you like our little Taylor Swift moment at the end?

We realize we didn't put Things Are About to Get Adventurouser and AAOoD2, but we will as soon as Sydney stops obsessing over Ed Sheeran songs.

Speaking of Ed, on the side you have UNI. Sydney didn't know Ed was a rapper. All she can "rap" is a present. But she insists on learning this rap part and you should too.

Fact Time :{D

Both: We are both officially Single Pringles and are waiting for One Direction to come be our boyfriends (aka They will be the reason we never marry 'forever alone' and so we will end up old cat ladies:)

To All the Single Pringles,

Cari :{D and Sydney♪♫

PS the dress that Anne is wearing in the picture on the side is the dress that Jack is wearing in the story :) We don't have a pic of Alfie though in the dress described....