Chapter 27 *Alfie*

Chapter 27

*Alfie’s POV*

I poked Liam’s nose and he laughed, pecking me on the cheek. We were sitting on the couch in his flat hanging out. We were leaving to go to Ireland tomorrow. Liam and I decided to spend the day together since the others went clubbing, something we don’t like to do. Jack doesn’t either, but Niall is good at convincing her. He’s like a cute puppy begging for treats.

“So, do you know what’s going on with Jack and Niall? They seem pretty lovey-dovey for just being friends.” Liam chuckled and I started tracing his arrow tattoo with my finger. I would trace it, then color it in. I was sat on his lap, the music was turned up, and we were just being stupid, passing time until a movie premier showed on the telly. “I know. I wonder if they’re secretly dating. That seems like something they would do.” I added. He smiled cheekily.

“We should sneak in on them sometimes.” He joked. I giggled. I began tracing the words on his other arm, taking more time and reading the words. It read “Everything I Wanted But Nothing I’ll Ever Need”. The words made me think. I’ve gotten so many things I wanted, but I will never need them. And the things I do need, I seem to take for granted. I lifted up his arm to get view it closer and he gave me a confused look. I gave him a soft kiss on his lips and looked at the one on his wrist. It said “Only Time Will Tell”. His tattoos were beautiful with very nice meanings. “I want a tattoo. I want one as meaningful as yours.” I said suddenly. Liam smiled and took my hand, entwining our fingers. “We can go now if you know what you want.” He replied and I smiled, knowing exactly what I wanted. “Let’s go then!” I chirped and hopped off the couch.

We got into Liam’s car and drove across town to the place he had his tattoos inked. I was kind of nervous, but my nervousness turned into confusion when I saw Jack and Niall on the other side of the parlor. Jack didn’t like needles and neither did Niall, so I didn’t know why they were here. I continued looking at them until I saw the tattoo artist put the needle to Jack’s skin, causing her to wince in pain. I thought she was too big of a weenie to get a tattoo, but she proved me wrong.

Liam pulled me along to a guy who looked to be in his mid-thirties, shaggy black hair, and covered in tattoos.

“Justin, this is my girlfriend Alison and she wants two tattoos.” Liam said, gesturing to me when he said my name. I smiled and nodded, feeling out of place in this shop with these people. Justin smirked and then continued. “What do you want princess?” he asked. I pulled a picture with the One Direction symbol and the Big Beautiful symbol out of my back pocket and showed it to him. “I want these on my wrist, side by side.” I stated. The Big Beautiful symbol was and upside-down treble clef connected with a bass clef to look like a heart. It was outlined in bright green and filled with royal blue. “I also want this,” I took out another sheet of paper on which I had designed what I wanted.

I decided I would get the symbols tattooed on my left wrist, so I could see them all the time and remember how lucky I am. The second tattoo needed some space so I had it tattooed just above my right shoulder blade. As the pointy needle touched my wrist, I jumped a bit in pain. “Calm down babe, it’s all right,” Liam comforted. He was holding my right hand and gave it a little squeeze. As the first tattoo was being finished, Jack and Niall walked over.

“Sometimes I wonder if we have telepathy.” Jack said and laughed. I laughed too, glad she was distracting me from the needle. “What kind of tattoo did you get?” I asked and she turned around to show me her back. In between her shoulder blades, there were words tattooed on, and below it was a spiral staff with music notes. The words in fancy letters said “Life is a Song, Love is the Music”. It was black, but the music notes were all traced in bright green and filled with blue. The staff was black.

“That is so cool!” I exclaimed, examining it. “I still can’t get Niall to get a tattoo though,” she pointed to the Irish boy standing next to her, who just shrugged. She giggled before saying something again. “We have to go. See you guys later!” Jack called as her and Niall walked out, side-by-side. “They would just be so cute together.” I smiled a bright smile as Liam did the same and nodded in agreement. Justin finished my wrist tattoo, then had me remove my shirt for the second one.

This one didn’t hurt as bad, though it took longer. I wanted to words to be absolutely perfect. It was in sort of a laid back font that wasn’t cursive. It reminded me of the font we use for the Big Beautiful title, which happened to be the reason I chose it. This tattoo is all black because I couldn’t find a color that fit it. But once I saw it, I knew black was the best color.

“Oh my god, I love it!” I looked behind me in the mirror at the words. It “Sometimes I Forget to Remember, Others I Remember to Forget”. It looked perfect, just the way I had asked for it to be.

“It’s gorgeous, Alison. And it fits you so well,” Liam commented, smiling warmly at me. “I love it. Thank you, Justin.” I said and he nodded. I paid Justin and headed out of the shop with my Aviators on and the hood to my hoodie up. We had to make sure nobody noticed us or we would be mobbed. Liam clasped my hand in his, his tattoo showing a bit, which drew a small crowd. He was asked for autographs and—surprisingly—so was I.

“Are you too dating?” one girl asked. She looked to be 14 and she had braces. Her eyes were a lovely green like Harry’s and she had straight brown hair that fell at her waist. She was pretty tall, probably about 5’8, unlike me, being 5’6. Liam nodded, a proud grin spreading over his face. “Well, you’re really pretty! Good luck to you!” the girl said to me and I smiled. “Thank you,” I replied as she walked off, joining her group of friends.

“The fans like you already. Most of the fans are pretty accepting. Just ignore the ones who aren’t,” he shrugged. “That’s what I do.”

We rounded the corner to where the car was parked and hopped in. We went through the drive-thru at McDonald’s for some cheeseburgers and chips (fries). When we arrived home, we pigged out on the food while watching movies, something that seemed to occur quite often with us.

“Well it has been quite an eventful break for you, hasn’t it?” Liam nudged me. He looked me in the eyes. His sparkling brown orbs lit up every time our eyes met and it sent chills down my spine. “Yeah, most of it was filled with me making Jack breakfast because her foot’s in that cast.” We took Jack to the hospital after the photoshoot and of course her foot was broken. It’s in a boot right now so she can walk without crutches, a bonus considering we start performing two days from tomorrow.

“She’s such a clutz.” He stated and I laughed, taking another drink of my tea. “I can’t wait to go to Dublin,” I said. I was just excited to be performing again. The adrenaline rush you get before you go on stage is absolutely mental.

“I know. The crowds in Ireland are always huge because they love Niall.” He joked. I giggled, poking his nose. “I’m sure they love the rest of you too, just not as much,” I played along, making him laugh.

“Oh Alison, you are brilliant.” He said. “I know.” I played, making him laugh some more. After about 45 minutes of joking around and watching films, my eyelids became heavy.

I yawned a bit, startling Liam, who was involved in the movie. “You can go to sleep babe,” he said, pulling me into his lap. I rested my head on his chest, his heartbeat in time with mine, lulling me to sleep.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\The Ultimate Gift!/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Hellooo everybody! Sydney and Cari here, bringing an early update! PARTY TIME! We are going to try something new, so when this chapter gets to 5 votes, we will hopefully have a chapter written so we can update!

So, this story was just accepted into the 1D_Fanfiction_Awards! When the awards start, make sure to vote for us! The page is @1D_Fanfiction_Awards, so be sure to check it out for details. And good luck to everyone else!

Fact Time :{D

Cari: I am obsessed with Criminal Minds (Spencer Reid)

Sydney: I love Nancy Drew/Hardy Boy mystery movies

With Good Luck,

Cari :{D and Sydney♪♫